38 - Birthday

♕𝙽𝚒𝚌𝚔♕

"Maeve," I call.

I kiss her neck a couple of times which makes her mumble something and scrunch her shoulders up so I can't do it again.

"Maeve, get up, baby." I shake her shoulder a little. It's her birthday today.

"You know what I want for my birthday? To sleep. Get away from me." Maeve scoffs, she pulls the blanket over her head.

Sometimes, she's not much of a morning person.

I groan and grab her. "No!" Maeve whines as I pick her up. She scrambles for the blanket, grabbing it as I pick her up and carry her out of the room. Malikai quickly follows, barking at me.

"I'm not hurting her, Malikai."

"No! He is! Help me, Malikai! Help!" Maeve yells. I poke her side and she gasps, starting to laugh.

I take her all the way to the dining room, setting her down in one of the seats at the table. Maeve scowls at me as she wraps herself up in that blanket she stole from the bed. I leave her there to grab the plate of pancakes, eggs, and bacon that I made earlier while she was sleeping her ass off.

Seriously, the woman snores like it's her job sometimes. It's concerning. She's either completely silent or...well, she's not silent in the slightest.

"Happy birthday." I tell her as I slide the plate in front of her. She immediately stops scowling and smiles widely at her plate.

She looks at me. "If I knew you cooked for me, I wouldn't have told you to go away." She nervously smiles.

I laugh and nod. "I know. Now eat." I gesture to her plate.

"Don't have to tell me twice." She scoffs as she grabs her fork. I leave the room again to grab the glass of orange juice.

Personally, I hate this fucking 'drink'. It's disgusting. But, Maeve claimed she loved it So we got it the last time we went grocery shopping.

"I love you." Maeve smiles at me. I nod and kiss the side of her head then sit down next to her.

"Did you figure out what you want to do?" I ask. I know the answer to this.

Maeve slowly shakes her head as she shovels a piece of her pancake in her mouth. "No.." She mumbles.

"Okay." I sigh. Maeve reaches over and grabs my hand, she connects the magnet on our bracelets. Sometimes, I forget that's there. That is, until Nathan says something about it or until Maeve connects the magnet.

"You want your presents now?"

Maeve sighs as she thinks about it. "Just one." She decides. "I'll open the other one tonight." She says. "Get me the biggest one." She orders. I laugh and get up, leaving the room.

I had to be creative when hiding these. Maeve snoops without realizing she's snooping, she would have accidentally found them.

I head into the attic and grab the biggest box in there. She doesn't know we have an attic.

Maeve is still eating when I come back. She looks over at me and her eyebrows raise. "Wow. That is a big box." She mumbles. I set the box down in front of her plate.

Maeve quickly finishes her food and I take her plate from her, heading into the kitchen to put her plate in the sink. When I come back, the box is right in front of her. She smiles at me. "Go on." I gesture for her to open it.

"There's so much tape." She laughs, spinning the box around to look at it. I can't wrap things for shit. Christmas time fucking sucks.

"Just open it." I flatly say. Maeve laughs and starts to tear the wrapping paper open.