18 - Sleep

𖧷𝙼𝚊𝚎𝚟𝚎𖧷

I smile at a man as he lists off his order. "Okay, that will be ready shortly." I tell him.

I turn around and start making his drink. Olivia walks up next to me.

"What?" I finally ask as I look at her.

"Are you okay?" Olivia frowns. I make a face and nod.

"Yeah? I'm fine." I lightly laugh. "Why?"

Olivia lifts a shoulder. "I dunno, you just seem a little..sluggish lately." She explains.

I nod and continue making the drink. "Yeah..I haven't been getting much sleep." I sigh.

Nicolas and I got back almost a week and a half ago and I thought I'd get the best nights sleep of my life but I guess I was wrong. I think I got used to sharing a bed with him which is...more than concerning.

"Oh, well try to get a better nights sleep tonight. If you want, I can cover for you and you can go home and get some sleep?" Olivia offers.

I smile a little. "Seriously?" I ask.

Olivia nods and reaches over to press the back of her hand on my forehead. She sighs and pulls her hand away. "Yeah. Just go home, Mae. Get some sleep. You'll get sick like that." She warns.

I laugh a little and hug her. "Okay. I'll be back tomorrow, promise." I tell her as I head towards the back. Olivia nods.

"Yeah, yeah, hurry up and get home so you can sleep. You look dead."

She has such a way with words.

__________

♕𝙽𝚒𝚌𝚔♕

My eyes are getting heavier and heavier by the second. Have these meetings always been so boring? Have the days always been so long?

"Alright, everyone. That's it for now." Dad announces as he closes his laptop.

I've never left a room faster.

"Nick." Dad calls when I'm halfway down the hall. I let out a breath and turn around. He walks up to me and eyes me suspiciously. "Follow me." He instructs.

I try not to groan and I follow him over to his office. He opens the door and gestures for me to sit on the couch before closing the door. He takes his seat behind his desk and watches me for a moment.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Dad finally asks.

"Blunt."

Dad waves me off. "Have you been getting sleep?"

"Yes." I answer too quickly and he shakes his head.

"Take some..melatonin or something, son. Do what you have to do to get some sleep." Dad huffs. "Your mood affects everyone else's mood."

"I've tried that already." I huff. "I even tried the fucking tea Mom got me a while ago."

"Watch your mouth. This is a work environment." Dad warns. I roll my eyes and Dad makes a face.

I let out a breath and get up from the couch. "I'm going home." I announce.

Dad shakes his head. "Nick,"

"I just need sleep, Dad. You told me to do what I had to do, right? Let me go home and get some sleep." I groan as I walk backwards towards the door.

I need a coffee.

__________

I feel a little desperate as I practically fall out of my car and head into the coffee shop. There's a bit of a line and I don't feel like waiting so I skip it and walk up to the counter.