1. Winter

Mina Pov.

The winter season arrived quickly, with raining snow on the ground.
I see a lot of families eating together outside and kids playing in the snow, except for me, who was in the hospital and peered out the window into the distance. I just arrived from california after almost 12 years of living there.

While I waited for Mom, I decided to leave the room and sit in a chair next to an elderly patient. She is in a wheelchair and appears to be waiting for someone. I sat silently. I looked at her, and she returned my gaze, so I bowed and greeted her. She smiled at me, and I smiled back but quickly fade away; it would be impolite not to greet an elderly lady. I have respect for the elderly.

Im thinking why have Doc and Mom been talking for so long, I'd like to go home and make some hot chocolate.

"Your hand is cold, my dear" the old woman said as she took my hand in hers. I'm at a loss for words, but her hands are warm and I'm feeling pretty good.

She remained holding my hand as she took something from the pocket of her jocket. "Take this to keep your hand warm" she gave me a heater pack but I was hesitant to take it. She needed that more because she was old so I refused her.

In all honesty, I don't want to make her sick. I'm concerned. Despite my refusal, she placed the heater pack in my hand, and I accepted it as well. "Are you worried because I'm old?..... I have two heater packs, so don't be concerned." She said. I'm still concerned, but she's so sweet.

"Thank you, Granny" I said politely, and using the heater pack made me feel better. She's a guardian angel.

Mom was nearly thirty minutes long to wait. When someone shouted, I was about to get up and go for a walk because I was getting impatient while waiting. "Granny!" Someone unexpectedly appeared in front of me, and we were both taken aback. Surprisingly, I returned to my seat as she fell to the ground, safely catching the basket she was carrying in her stomach. We nearly collided. She must take extra care.

"Oh! My dear! Are you both okay?" The elder Concerned. I think they are related.

"Ackk! Im fine Granny, but my ass is hurting!" she exclaimed. She immediately stood up, holding the back of her thigh. "Are you all right? Let me he-"

"Uh, No! Im good. Im sorry, Unnie" She apoligized, bowing her head in ninety degree. "Are you sure?" I questioned.

"Yeah, Im fine. I'll be careful next time" She smiled at me. I saw her dimple. She isn't particularly tall, but she is adorable. Her hair is short boy cut, she is wearing a lovely dress, cute red hat, and she has scaft covering half of her face due to the thickness.

I continue to examine her until I realized that I almost forgot that I'm going for a walk. I need to get out of here while the two are having a good time. "Unnie!" she shouted. I can't deny how adorable her voice is. She abruptly called out to me, and I turned to face her. "What is it?" I questioned.

"Are you leaving? Take care." she said. I just nodded at her because I couldn't say anything. "We have to go too, unnie." she said as she pushed the wheelchair of an elderly woman. She abruptly came to a halt before she could pass me.

I'm not sure why she came to a halt; I just stared into her eyes. Did she leave something out? .... Oh, I almost forgot about the heater pack. "Granny, thank you again for the heater pack," I said, handing it back to her and thanking her once more. I moved to the side to allow them to pass, but she still didn't push the wheelchair. I was already thinking about what I was going to do.

"Um.....do you need anything else?" I questioned. I was stunned because she kept staring at me. Is there dirt on my face? She was fixed on me. She looked at me as if I wanted to leave where I was. Why is she staring at me for so long? "Pfffttt" she suddenly giggled for no reason.

"Is there anything funny?" I questioned. "I'm sorry again, you look so scared, you're cute while I stare at you; don't worry, I'm not a bad person" she responded.

So she laughed because of my terrified expression? She's insane. I was just wondering why she was staring at me earlier, so she was making fun of me.

"P-please accept this, it's strawberry. Apoligized for staring at you and...for laughing, and I'm sorry again a-about what I did earlier" she said awkwardly. Because she's cute, I'll accept this strawberry's apology. "May I then ask why you're staring at me?" I questioned. I'm just curious, and it's fine if she doesn't want to answer.

"That's because....I need to be honest, I just realized you look pretty and I was just surprised because I just saw you here," she said. That's why she's staring at me, because I look pretty? She's making me blushed, I suddenly feel embarrassed. "So are you a new patient here or have you just visited someone?" she questioned.

"Im a new patient" I stated flatly. Im not sure about my answer.

"If that's the case,.....If you don't mind, I'll bring you strawberries everytime I visit here" she added.

"No need, I'll only be here for a few weeks?" I explained. Why should she bother herself? She doesn't know who I am, so she's wasting her time.

"I'll do it even if you don't want to. When we meet again, I'll greet you with a smile. Try to smile once, that's good......... we'll go ahead. See you next time Unnie." She smiled and began pushing the wheelchair. I actually followed them with my gaze until they disappeared completely as they entered a hallway.

Mom emerged moments later with the Doctor. She smiled at me and took my hand in hers. "Miss Myoi, I'll ask you a few questions about the symptoms you're experiencing, but let's start in my office first," the doctor said.

When we entered the office, I was immediately nervous. I don't feel good will be the result of my check up. And I was like a child who is afraid to the doctor so I tightened my grip on Mom's hand. "Please, sit here" The doctor said after she sat down.

"Director Myoi has already told me that you are feeling a headache for a months so can you describe more detail about it?" The doctor asked. Before answering, I took a deep breath. "It was started just a normal headache, but my headaches have gotten worse every morning since it happened 5 months ago. I ignored it at first because I was too busy studying, but the pain became excruciating as time passed.......I also have trouble sleeping at night and am frequently tired" I explained.

After my explanation the doctor looked at me as if she was inspecting me, then she asked again. "Do you have any episodes, like when your body stiffens or can't move your whole body for an hour?" she questioned. "Nothing" I answered.

"I think I need to recommend, MRI scan. So we can figure out what's causing your headache. Indeed, based on your symptoms, you may have a..... tumor in your brain. Let's get an MRI scan to make sure" When Doc said the word Tumor, I was startled and I don't know what to say after hearing it. I'm started beating myself for ignoring my headache. If I had just checked in first, my headache would not have worsened and I would not have had to suffer from it.

The doctor prescribed me pain relievers for my headache, seizure medication for helping me controling it in case one occurred, and some advises.

-----------------
How is chapter 1? Is is too short right? Im a bit afraid it might be boring for you.

💌: Anyway, I apologize to keep you waiting for so long for this story. My study & Health has been tough. I sincerely thank you for reading and following my account.
STAY HEALTHY EVERYONE🤍

Enjoy the next chapter.
-Xhanz😸