19. Destiny of life

"Doctor Wang, do you hear what you're saying? We came here to China hoping that you could still help us, but that's all you have to say!?" Doctor Yoo was perplexed.

"I'm sorry, but I can't help you any longer; your daughter's entire body is so weak that even if we take the medication for her, it won't longer worki-"

"So that's why you're fucking telling us to find a country where my daughter will be legal die by suicide, so she doesn't have to suffer any longer!" she exclaimed as she yanked angrily on the collar of the doctor's uniform. "Are you fucking crazy! Are you a Doctor or what!"

Doctor Lim immediately intervenes to stop her wife. "Hon, Calm down," she said, attempting to persuade her wife to sit back and relax.

luckily, Doctor Yoo relinquished her grip on his collar. Doctor Wang took a deep breath and adjusted his necktie, but his face betrayed his fear of what the doctor had done to him.

"How can I calm down? Have you heard what he said!? This idiot Doctor wants us to kill our daughter!" She said, pointing her finger to Doctor Wang.

"But he has a point!" she exclaimed unequivocally.

Doctor Yoo was surprised by the response and fell silent.

"Let just accept that our daughter's illness is incurable now. We need this talk to Chaeyoung and she will decide what she wants to do about it," Doctor Lim said.

"No, No..." Doctor Yoo's voice trembling as she shook her head and holding her tears "T-this isn't right. This is SHIT, I won't let my daughter die! I'll look for a better hospital and better doctors, m-my DAUGHTER will be healed, Chaeyoung will be h-hea..." The Doctor couldn't hold back her tears anymore, she burst in tears as she felt extreme pain and sadness in her chest.

Doctor Lim stood to her feet and hugged her wife. She stroked its back before wiping away Doctor Yoo's tears. She couldn't stand seeing her wife cry, so she made her cry as well.

"I'm very sorry," he says, "but all I can recommend now is you need to return to your country and continue her medicine if you want, so...that your daughter's life will be extended for...a few longer." He stated.

"We apologized earlier, Doctor Wang, and we will be back in Korea soon," Doctor Lim stated. She assisted Doctor Yoo in standing up and they left the Doctor's office.

Chaeyoung immediately returned to the chair as if nothing had heard and pretended recognized her guardians as they went out from the office and greeted them with a big smile, but Chaeyoung also read the atmosphere around her and her smile quickly faded.

"Did you cry?" she inquired as Doctor Lim sniff, and Doctor Yoo turned around to wipe her eyes.

"We will return to Korea tomorrow." Doctor Lim stated.

"H-how about my treatment here?"

"Don't ask any more questions; we have something important to discuss when we get home," Doctor Yoo said, patting her daughter on the shoulder.

After they get back to korea, Doctor Yoo and Lim took Chaeyoung to famous park the next day.

They sat near the river, where they could see the famous Han River. While they waited for the beautiful sunset, Chaeyoung sketched on her sketchpad as she perplexed as to why they had suddenly gone to the park.