30. Meeting the kids

Eunwoo was hunched over and gazing at his feet as he walked in the hallway back to Mina's room. He was stopped when someone's foot resting on the footrest of a wheelchair showed up. It was a girl. A pencil and sketchpad were on her lap, and noticed that she was wearing hospital attire.

He raised his head

and kind of suprised.

She was reminded of Chaeyoung by her appearance on their first encounter.

Pale and lonely face, eyes appear tired and lack the joy of seeing. White and nearly scaly lips were present. He stepped back and tempted to say, "I'm sorry, I'm not-"
But he saw the girl out of corner of his eyes that suddenly pass him on his left side while pushing her wheelchair with her hands. As the girl left without saying anything, Eunwoo did nothing but follow her while staring in confused. What had happened mystified him. He let out a sigh and decided to carry on walking as if nothing had happened.

"Are you tired?" She asked, Knowing Mina had been standing for an hour made her worried.

"Don't worry, I can still manage." She replied. Hearing the girl's trembling voice, Chaeyoung peered over the edge of the canvas to check her condition. When she noticed that her shoulder was trembling and that the AC wasn't open, she looked at the window and reasoned that the weather must be the cause. She put down her paintbrush and stood up. "We can continue this next week," she said, "so let's end here now." She simply smiled and added, "Thank you for today. Even if you say you can still manage, you probably feel like freezing because of the cold weather."

Mina stay quite and just wrapped her shoulder in the fabric that she pulled up. Before changing in the restroom, she looks at her and saw that she already putting her belongings away.

A knock on the door distracted Chaeyoung as she arranged her things. She opened it and it was Eunwoo. "how is it going?" He asked.

"We just finished; Mina is changing; come in now." She said.
He entered and took a look around. He pointed toward the canvas with the white cover and was about to ask, "Is that the painting?" but Chaeyoung stopped him before he could even touch the cloth covering it. She explained, "You can't see it yet, it's not finished yet."

"Even just a peek?" He asked.
She nodded in response while raising an eyebrow. He simply sat on the sofa and leaned his head against the wall, gazing at the ceiling, saying, "Okay, I won't look." He exhales loudly.

Chaeyoung scowled in wonder. "What happened, you seem to be contemplating something deeply."

"I've been walking around for almost an hour while I've been waiting, so I'm just tired of it."

"Huh? You can just wait outside, there is a seat there."

He abruptly turned his gaze to his side, as did Chaeyoung, saying, "I know, but I'm bored." But Mina suddenly emerged and looking at them. "What are you talking to?" She asked.

Chaeyoung responded, "Nothing. Eunwoo is just tired from walking around." She picks up the two plastic bags containing strawberries and says, "You should rest right now. Eunwoo can stay with you here. I have somewhere to go–"