4. The Beginning

Three days had passed, and I was still locked to my room. I leaned back on the pillows while knitting scaft quietly alone. The beautiful view from the 7th floor of the hospital could be seen clearly through the window. My bed was near right next to the window, and I was relaxing by making the scaft.

Mom set up some sofas and other furniture to make me feel more comfortable. This room has its own bathroom, air conditioning, and a small kitchen, which I appreciated because I was so comfortable.

Suddenly, Nurse Sana would have come in with food while I was busy knitting. I immediately put it aside and stopped what I was doing. Nurse Sana placed my food in front of me and took a seat next to me. She served me soup, rice, and a vegetable dish with meat. "Miss Myoi, how are you doing? Does your head still hurt?" she questioned.

Before responding, I swallowed what I was eating. "My head doesn't hurt as much at all now, I feel fine and light today,...Thank you for your asking Nurse Sana" I told her. "No need to thank me, it's my job" she replied with a beautiful smile.

There was a knock on the door after I finished eating. Nurse Sana stood to her feet and pushed open the door. "Noona!" Because of his strength, Nurse Sana was taken aback by her scream. At first glance, you'd think he was going to a prom or a meeting because he was dressed in a full black suit and carrying flowers.

"Why are you doing here, Sunghoon? You have classes, right?" I asked.

"Noona, we've just met few day ago, What kind of question is that? My sister is sick. Can't I visit her? I've just missed class"

Nurse Sana took my food and said her goodbyes before leaving. Seunghoon sat on the sofa and placed the flower he was carrying in a vase.

"Your room is so comfortable, everything is fixed.....

Noona, how are you doing? Mom told me about your brain tumor, so I missed class to visit you"

"Im fine. I asked the doctor to schedule the surgery for next month so that I could prepare myself"

"Why? Afraid?.....I knew it"

"But what if I can't survive? I still want to achieve many things....You know, Im just worried about it"

"Silly, This hospital is well-known for its highly professional doctors; you are unlikely to die here. You overthink yourself, just calm your self"

Maybe he's right, and I'm just overthinking things, but even though the doctor here is professional, we still don't know what will happen.

"I'm leaving for now Noona, I'm going to asked something to Mom. I'll be back later. Take care of yourself"

"Okay..."

------

I also finished the scaft I was working on. I put it on right away and moved closer to the mirror.

"Mm....not bad" I said.

I was busy looking in the mirror when I heard a voice at the door, as if someone was talking. I approached the door, but before I opened it, I kept feeling who is it.

I heard three coughs, and then more. I just opened the door for no reason in particular. "Hey, are you oke----it's you"

"Oh, H-hello....Unnie." She smiled brightly. Holding a basket full of strawberries.

"Catch a cold?" I asked.

"No, Im fine. Im just having itchy throat......Can I come in Unnie?"

"Um...yah, Just put the things you brought on the table"

"Okay,....what?, This room-ah nevermind"

"Say, how long have you been standing outside the door waiting?"

"Eh!??.........I'-im just standing at the door. I don't knock at all because I'm afraid I'll wake you up, so I-i just wait for it to open" She said, as she placed the strawberries she was carrying on the table.

"Are you bored here, Unnie?"

"Not at all. I've just finished a scaft, Do you want to give it a try?"

"Sure"she replied.

I neatly wrapped the scaft around her neck and adjusted it. I burst out laughing when she looked in the mirror.

"Why, Unnie?"

"I just remember the first time I saw you. You're wearing a lovely dress and a red painter's hat. Because of the thickness of your scaft, your face is only half visible. You look like a primary student that day"

"That!....Actually, I-I was forced to wear that dress because Granny said she had never seen me in a dress before, so she wanted to see it once before I--I mean, she wanted to see my feminine side. That's it."

"Oh... Anyway. Where's Granny, is she's fine?"

"Yeah, she's doing fine. Wanna visit her?"

"Is that....okey?" I asked.

"Ofcource!.......but, are you fine? Cuz, you know I'm just wor-"

"Im fine. No need to worry" I said directly.