15. Friendship

Eunwoo was crying as his mother hugged him in the side chair while they waited for the doctor to come out.

After an hours of waiting her mother stood up seeing the Doctor coming out from the door.

Little Eunwoo couldn't understand a word from doctor said. Just a second the Doctor left in front of them, he noticed his mother crying nonstop.

His mother wiped away her tears then held Eunwoo's hand. He just stared at his mother, worried as he walked into a room.

There he saw his Father lying, his arms full of scars and a wound on his head. As he approached his bed, his chest tightened. He took his Father's hand in his and saw his mother crying once more.

"Mom, is he okay? when dad wakes up?" He questioned. Her mother took her hand, caressing it. "Your f-father is in a coma, Eunwoo. W-we're not sure i-if......he'll wake up or not." His mother broke down in tears.

As he heard it from his mother, Eunwoo's hand trembled and tears flowed as he hugged his mother.

-----

As the days go by, Eunwoo notices that his mother is neglecting his health. Almost day and night her mother watches, waiting for his Father to wake up.

He has to go to school in the morning and then visit his Father in the afternoon. He had already planned to bring food for his mother because he was concerned about her health.

Eunwoo sits next to his Father, watching as he tells his Mother to take a break.

An hour ago, Eunwoo didn't realize that his eyes were closing. His head is losing balance from his excessive drowsiness.

His Mother tapped him on the shoulder, he was shocked by it. "Oh! M-mom, did I wake you up?" he said as he strained to open his eyes from drowsiness. "It's almost night, you need to go home, you still have school tomorrow. I called our driver, he will pick you up." She stated.

Eunwoo simply nodded and stood up at the same time, allowing his Mother to take over the guard. "I'll be back tomorrow, Mom." He said. Smiled at his mother, walking out the door.

He came to a halt near the Nurse station after he suddenly felt hungry. He takes a seat first while waiting for his pick-up.

While he waits, he massages his stomach while taking a deep breath. He's so hungry.

Someone later handed him a sandwich that was still wrapped in plastic and appeared to be brand new. He didn't take it right away; instead, he stared at it until he noticed the girl next to him reaching out to him.

He was hesitant to accept the sandwich because the girl was staring at him with a poker face and a lifeless expression. It has pale lips, sleepy eyes, and a sad expression.

"Take it before I change my mind" She stated.

Since he had no choice and he was already hungry, he immediately took it and opened it. He was about to eat the sandwich when he suddenly stopped. "Thanks for this. I forgot to eat so I'm really hungry, you just in time" He stated, taking a big bite. "Uhm....I just noticed that you were wearing hospital clothes, so....you are patient here?" He questioned.