𝖢𝖧𝖠𝖯𝖳𝖤𝖱 𝖳𝖶𝖮

BRIANNA

BRIANNA

I have my second period, which is psychology and I step into the class hoping I have a female teacher but as if the universe hates me, we have a male teacher. He doesn't look too bad, he looks strict but he seems fun.

I sit down in the front of the class, waiting for everyone else to settle down.

The buzzing in my head hasn't stopped, the drugs don't seem to wear out but I fake it. I open my eyes a bit wider and start to anxiously play with skin on my hands.

"Okay class, today we aren't going to start on any of the topics of work instead we are going to go over any projects for the rest of the year." The whole class groaned and grumbled while he clapped merrily.

"But first I would like to announce that I will be accompanying you on your orientation camp." Everyone protests as soon as he says that.

I look around the class, confused about the sudden trip. I was never informed about this orientation, or that he'd be going. A finger tapped on my shoulder and I turned to see who it was. A boy who had skin lighter than mine, brown eyes and feint stubble on his jaw line. He had the most adorable smile ever.

"You look confused." He joked, his voice melted into the air like velvet chocolate. His accent made it tens times better.

"What's the orientation?" I asked in a whisper.

"It's for the seniors. Every year on the first Friday of the school year we have what we call orientation. This is a camp where all seniors go and do activities to make friends and be happy all year." He sarcastically praises the trip, making me believe that no one likes this camp.

The period went by quickly and he assigned us to partners that we'll be working with for the rest of the semester. He told us that we can not change assigned partners so we'll be stuck with whoever he chose for the rest of the semester.

I drag my feet up to the list and scan it for my name. While the words move and build turmoil in my stomach, I find it next to a Rayaan Singh, great a boy.

The same finger tapped my shoulder again and I turn to see the boy from earlier beaming at me. It must have been the drugs because something happened to my heart.

"I'm Rayaan Singh, you must be Brianna Jackson." I internally cringe at the mention of my father's surname. He held out a hand for me to shake and I looked at it for a second trying to figure out if it was real or not, then shook it.

We moved out of the way and let people pass to the list while we walked out of the classroom.

The rush of footsteps caused a great pain in my head. The drugs were wearing out and I didn't like it. It was like my body was accepting it but my mind was rejecting it. Internal war with myself.