𝖢𝖧𝖠𝖯𝖳𝖤𝖱 𝖳𝖶𝖤𝖭𝖳𝖸 𝖥𝖮𝖴𝖱

BRIANNA

BRIANNA

"You are a bitch." A red faced, crying Hailey insulted as she stood infront of me. I slammed my locker shut, a bitter grimace came across my face. 

"You look like shit." I comment and she sobs quietly.

"Why would you- you-"

"I told you I would do it and I'm just getting started. Each time your ego goes down, equals each time you called me a slut." I pushed past her by bumping her shoulder. I hadn't gotten far before I turned back around to her. 

"Have fun, I know I will." I walked out of the school building and walked to the car

I jumped into the car and threw my bag at the back. I expected us to drive away, like normal but mother wasn't moving. Her hands were on the steering wheel, frozen on it. Her face was blank but there was fear dripping from her expression. Fear for what? I don't know.

"Mother?" I called out.

"Mom?" I tried again.

"Mama." I tried once again and she snapped out of it.

"Give me some time to think, would you?" She snapped and zoned out again.  My gut began to twist as she slowly inhaled and exhaled.

"Someone wants to see you." I could tell my her strained voice and tearstained cheeks that she was crying. Her nose was slightly red and her eyes were still holding tears.

"You are acting weird. Who is it?" I nervously scoff but my heart drops to the pit of my stomach.

"Your father." She declared in a bitter tone. "And he's not alone."

"Storm." I muttered thinking she didn't hear me but she did. I waved her off and told her to drive.

"When we get there, don't say anything out of line. Act normal and cool. I don't want him to think we're crazy." She explains and pulls out of the parking lot.

"You look like you got your heartbroken by Chad and have been crying for four days straight." I deadpan. She pulls down the car mirror and checks herself out. "Make it five days." I add.

"Shut up." She snaps and pulls out a makeup bag. "Get my eye drops out of there quickly before the light turns green." I comply and quickly scramble for the eye drops. She snatches them from my hand and quickly drops into her eyes.

"Who is he with?" I ask while we driving on the freeway.

"His fiancée." Her voice breaks and she purses her lips from escaping a cry. She released a shaky breath.

"Okay." I muttered and placed a reassuring hand on her thigh. She smiled in appreciation and I did my daily car routine -looking out the window and watching the cars go by.