𝖢𝖧𝖠𝖯𝖳𝖤𝖱 𝖥𝖮𝖱𝖳𝖸

ISAAC

ISAAC

I walked into the school and made a beeline for Jackson's locker. She was wearing her typical tank top with low-rise jeans.

"How did you sleep?" I ask her and she freezes before closing her locker.

"People are going to think we're dating if you keep acting like this."

"What's so bad about that?" I shrug with a touch of humor. Before this whole thing happened, I hadn't put a label on what we were and I still don't want to.

"We're not dating."

She walked away but as relentless as I was, I followed her. I made sure she got to her class and she arrived early. My little nerd.

"I got you a present." I wasn't great with words so I'd rather give her gifts to help her remember.

"I don't want it."

"You're going to take it anyway."

I pull her pink fluffy pen out of my small present bag and show it to her first. Her eyes widen and she tries to grab it but I pull it out of her reach.

"Where'd you get my pen? Or how?"

"I took it from you the first day I sat next to you in biology. You said it was because I had a crush on you and I denied even though it was true."

Even if her face was blank and stoic, her eyes lit up in memory. She looked down at her pen and the small raise of her upper lip was confirmation of her trying to remember.

That's all I was holding onto.

I handed her the present, which she hesitantly took. She wouldn't avert from my eyes as I smile when she reaches her hand inside.

A twenty-four pen set of different colored pens and a packet of the fluffy ends that she made it with. Katherine told me that there wasn't any in store that she liked so she made her own so why not let her have the same fluffy pen but in different colors?

"What's this memory?" She asked with a smile when she picked up a white envelope.

"I'm not good with words so read this in your own time and try to see if it sparks anything." I awkwardly stand infront of her as she places the items back in the bag. She looks up at me with a knowing look, that everything I was doing for her to remember might be efforts that have no results but I knew what I was getting into.