𝖢𝖧𝖠𝖯𝖳𝖤𝖱 𝖥𝖨𝖥𝖳𝖸 𝖥𝖨𝖵𝖤

BRIANNA

BRIANNA

We were walking to the hair salon to drop me off so that mother and Malcolm can go to the nail salon. They're giggling and whispering, enjoying each other's warmth. The cold air from the one too many air conditioners in this mall have me wrapping my own arms around myself and I try to keep my own bodily warmth.

Ugh, so this is what being single feels like.

I suddenly stop walking and they sort of bump into me so I wound each of my arms around both of them and sighed in exasperation.

"I don't have my friends here so please keep me company." It wasn't a request, more so a command but who am I to command anything from my mother. Malcolm chuckled and placed his own arm on my shoulder.

"What grade are you in, kid?" He began to walk with me but removed his arm. He looked chilled but excuse me, who is he calling "kid"?

"A grade that is taught at school." I remove my own hands and cross them infront of my chest.

"And what is that grade?" He sort of leaned forward.

"The grade that I'm in." I shrug and smirk when he chuckles.

"What grade, that is being taught at schools, are you in?" We both stopped walking and just looked at each other. I tried not smirk or smile while he was smiling widely.

"If you turn out to be a scumbag, I will personally make your life hell. I can make that happen. So don't be a scumbag." I say with seriousness and he sighs.

"Bri- can I call you that?"

"Yeah sure."

"Bri, I would want you to make my life hell. Messing with a wonderful lady like your mother is almost criminal. If I ever do anything bad to you and your mother, please and I say this with seriousness, please fuck my life up." He laughs at the end and I sort of smile.

I nod my head in approval and that's when mother comes up.

"I didn't do this to Isaac." She complains in a playful manner. I roll my eyes at her with a small smile.

"Who is Isaac?" Malcolm questioned and mother giggled before wrapping her arms around his arm.

"It's this boy that Brianna is completely obsessed with-"

"Ma!" I groan and walk away with my head in my hands.

That was embarrassing.