𝖢𝖧𝖠𝖯𝖳𝖤𝖱 𝖥𝖮𝖱𝖳𝖸 𝖥𝖮𝖴𝖱

BRIANNA

BRIANNA

I scooped up the vanilla ice cream and dunked it in the cup of crushed oreo chocolate.

"I like you." He says while he was braiding my hair. I bite down on my spoonful and shrug my shoulders.

"I know. I always knew."

"That's really discouraging. Remind me to never say that again."

I turn my head around quickly and jump up to kiss him, hard.

"Never say it again." I remind him with a smile and he rolls his eyes. "But on a serious note I really did already know about your crush on me."

"Really? I tried to make it subtle." He pull his brows together in confusion.

"How subtle? You stole my pen, wrote on me and wanted to claim me?"

"It's as subtle as I can get." He kisses me with passion that I've never felt.

Ever since he opened up to me about what went down when he was younger, he's been open about along of things. The scar on his leg, the marks on his back and the flashbacks. The night terrors happened often and each time he'd tell me that he saw something else.

Things that belonged to his house.

I was thinking maybe an aunt or a cousin or one of his moms friends. I didn't tell him that I suspected his mom. The same blonde hair that he described didn't fit hers exactly but age does change color and with the recent revelations of her feelings towards him, I wouldn't cross her out just yet.

"Is it that girl? Did you have an argument?"

Her words sliced harder because I actually liked her.

My phone trills in the background, bringing me out of my thoughts and pulls me away from Isaac's lips.

"Leave it." He whines and kisses my neck. I drop my spoon on the table and reach for my phone.

"I can't." I struggle but get it eventually. "It's Katy and if I don't pick up, she'll think I'm abducted."

"Then that gives us five minutes before she calls the police."

I answer her call and lean against him. His head was the only thing showing in the camera, because Katy video called me.

"My mom and I are fighting again and it's Thanksgiving. You know what time it is?" She places her phone down and reveals the cabin t-shirts we brought the last time we went there.