𝖢𝖧𝖠𝖯𝖳𝖤𝖱 𝖤𝖫𝖤𝖵𝖤𝖭

BRIANNA

BRIANNA

We're sitting by the first check point and waiting for the race to begin.

Rayaan was the one riding the race car with Ruth Williams, the only girl I know who's obsessed with cars. He gave me a kiss on my forehead as a goodluck for me and I kissed him on his cheek as a goodluck as well. He told me he needed to speak with me after the race. I figured it was about the Fall Ball happening in less than two weeks. I haven't even spoken to my mother about dress, car, venue for photos. All in all I've been avoiding her.

Not because I don't want to hear her but because I don't want to even think about her because if I do then I think about my father and the fact that he's getting married and leaving us. I can't even fathom the fact that he is getting married. More like I don't want to fathom the idea of him getting married to another person. It's hard.

He probably told mother to rub it in her face that he's moved on and she hadn't. I don't want to think of that.

"You're thinking too hard." Someone, who I don't want to talk to, said. He wore this atrocious piece of clothing around his lower body, grey sweatpants.

If you couldn't tell, I was being sarcastic. "I'm not entertaining your bullshit."

"Huh? Jackson finally grew some tits?" He scoffed.

My eyes couldn't stop from glaring at him. He leaned on the pole holding up our flag. The chatter from the other checkpoint standers was defeaning.

"She's always had a bigger dick than you." My eyes roll over. He looks much taller as I am seated down on the bench nearby.

The pole he is leaning on holds our team shirt, acting as a flag. The small fresh smell of nature and grass momentarily distracts me. I snap back into reality when I notice his looming figure still standing there.

"You are going to tear your lips apart." His eyes flicker down to my lips and I notice that I've been biting on my lip for the past two minutes. I let it go and shift uncomfortably under his gaze.

"Do you not have anything better to do besides stare at my lips?" I retort.

"I wasn't staring."

"You were." I nod my head. "Full on fantasizing about them."

"You're being fucking delusional and it's only a matter of time before it gets to your ego."

"You find me attractive, Carter?" I smirk. I liked to see him flustered up with rage. It blossoms on his cheeks as a tinted rose color.