𝖢𝖧𝖠𝖯𝖳𝖤𝖱 𝖥𝖨𝖥𝖳𝖸 𝖳𝖧𝖱𝖤𝖤

BRIANNA

BRIANNA

"Sex, Brianna?!"

My phone pinged with a text and my screen lit up. It was from Isaac.

𝗰𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗿: 𝗐𝖾 𝗌𝗁𝗈𝗎𝗅𝖽 𝗀𝖾𝗍 𝗂𝗇 𝗍𝗋𝗈𝗎𝖻𝗅𝖾 𝗆𝗈𝗋𝖾, 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝗐𝖺𝗌 𝖿𝗎𝗇

I smiled at it and looked back at my mom. She was wearing her pink robe, her hair in a bonnet, her pink sparkle slippers shined as the sun rose up even more, and under her eyes were an eye mask.

She snatched the phone off the night stand with an angry glare.

"Are you even listening to me?" She unlocked my phone with ease and read through our non existent text messages.

Isaac and I almost never text, just a mutual agreement between us that texting isn't our thing.

"He thinks this is funny?" Her glare turned slightly deadly. "You've done this before."

Blink. I wait a beat. "Done what?"

"Sex, goddammit!" I flinch at her loud voice.

"No-"

"You are lying! You are lying!" She points a threatening finger at me. Her glare falters when I bite my lip. She looks at me with regret and sorrow. She raises her hands to her head and steps back.

She gives a silent cry, closing her eyes and sighing.

"Mom, I-" I only called her mom whenever I needed to. "I'm sorry."

"You know sex. You know how doing this can impact your life. You didn't even talk to me about it."

"It just happened and we were very safe. We used condoms." She looked at me as if I had told her we used a flimsy paper to have sex. Her hands dropped to her side.

"Condoms? You were born yet we used condoms. Still think they're safe?" She questioned. "You are so reckless when it comes to the important stuff. God, I- sometimes I fear for you in the future."

She started pacing, occasionally looking up at me. I didn't think this would be a big idea, I mean it's sex. Isaac was doing it as soon as he entered high school and new what an erection was. Maybe it's different for boys than girls.

It shouldn't be.

"I'm sorry for not telling you." I say in hopes to stop her pacing. Her furious glare hit me and softened just a tiny bit.