Nightmares

I woke up to hearing Alan whining and turning in his sleep. I let it go on a moment thinking he would either stop turning and go back to sleep, or wake up and tell me what happened. However, he kept shuffling "I'm sorry Y/N, I didn't mean to." He mumbled in his sleep. His voice was soft and was on the verge of crying.

"Baby wake up." I said nudging him a few times, After a couple of nudges he shot up breathing heavily. He calmed himself down quickly and his head shot over to me. I jumped slightly at the sudden action. He jumped up out of bed and backed up as he stared at me. His eyes filled with tears as he shook his head denying something only he could hear. I looked at him in confusion at his sudden outburst.

I looked deep into his eyes and saw something I had never seen before, he looked... Broken.

Like the entire world had turned against him in that very moment. He breathed in and swallowed noticeably before quickly making his way downstairs.

"Alan!?" I said as he walked out the bedroom door. He either didn't hear me because he wasn't paying attention an was pre occupied or he was ignoring me. I got up without a second thought and went after him to wherever he was headed. Once I saw him in the kitchen getting a bottle of water I walked towards him quietly and spoke softly since I didn't know what was wrong.

"Alan?" I said slowly walking just in front of him. He quickly looked over at me and once again backed away. "Why are you backing away from me?" I asked softly thinking maybe it was something that I did. However, he was perfectly fine before we went to bed. "I won't hurt you, I didn't hurt you." He said his voice cracked as he tried to reassure himself.

"Of course you didn't hurt me baby. You would never hurt me purposely. What happened?" I asked reassuring him.

"I-I had a dream that I hurt you... It was so vivid and I couldn't stop. I was screaming and pleading to stop but dream me wouldn't let me." He said looking at the floor as his eyes filled with tears. I saw his hands shaking as he attempted to calm down. Tears filled my eyes as well seeing how upset it made him. I walked up to him and hugged him tightly as tears ran down my face. I hate to see him broken, sad or hurt in any way, it made my heart ache along with his.

"I know you would never hurt me darling... Ever. I'll never be scared of you because you aren't a violent person." I told him planting kisses all over his face.

He gave a sad smile still hesitant to hug me but hugged me loosely anyway. I kissed his nose and wrapped my arms around his neck before placing my forehead on his. "I love you so much baby, you're everything to me." I told him smiling widely. "I love you too Y/N." He said sighing in content.

We stood there for a moment enjoying the company of one another.

"Come on let's get back to bed, I'm tired." I said kissing him before pulling him back to the bedroom with me. Once we got to the bedroom I hopped on the bed and pulled him on top of me to play with his hair until we both fell asleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for reading I hope you enjoyed. 💛
I take request so feel free to leave some if you have any. If you see any mistakes or typos in my writing please let me know.