Are You Cheating On Me?

Alan's POV

I looked at Y/N's phone as it buzzed over and over. I was afraid it was going to break at this point. I thought turning it off was the best option and grabbed her phone. I didn't mean to look into her privacy but I saw her phone flooded with text from a guy named Hugh. I unlocked her phone and went through the messages.

From those messages I found they had meet up many times without my knowledge and when she went out with "Friends" she was actually going out with Hugh. I clicked his profile picture and saw the photo of him.

He looked around Y/N's age, and that's what scared me the most

He looked around Y/N's age, and that's what scared me the most. I was probably older than him by a decade. She had finally left me for someone younger when I had least expected it. I finally got too boring for her. I threw her phone back in its place as I heard footsteps approaching.

Y/N's POV
I was super excited, my best friend Hugh had contacted me after years. We use to be best friends but when we were younger we got spilt up, and were never able to get back in contact. He finally found me on Instagram and we talked for a while. Turns out he owns a super big car company and he has the exact car Alan had been looking for, for years. We met up quite a few times in order to talk about how to surprise Alan with it. However, Hugh came up with the best idea, to get it for his birthday which was today. I bounced up the stairs excitedly by myself. I had told Hugh to stay outside so that I could blindfold Alan and bring it out.

I practically skipped towards our bedroom and yelled for him. I opened the door to a very distraught looking Alan. "So when were you gonna tell me that you were going out with Hugh." He said, hurt obvious on his face. I was taken aback at his statement and unsure how to respond. Had he seen the text about the car? He couldn't have, there's no way he would have thought I was cheating if he had.

"Huh!?" I responded confused and worried at the statement. He couldn't find out about the car, it was important.

"I saw the text Y/N, why couldn't you have just told me like a civilized person. We could've talked it out baby. We could've-" He said, his voice cracked as he looked away from me trying to hold his tears. "Are you cheating on me Y/N?" He asked. I didn't even know what to say to that. How could he think I would ever do something like that.

"No baby, I-I have a surprise for you." I said softly, as I looked down at my feet. I was hurt, he really thought I'd leave him.

"Surprise?" He muttered confused. I nodded showing him the blindfold. He let me put it on him hesitantly. We walked to the garage  and I pulled the blindfold off and smiled at Hugh who smiled back at me. Alan looked surprised and smiled widely at me.

"Hugh is my childhood best friend we grew up in France together, and our parents knew each other. Hugh's dad got a better job in London and Hugh moved away. We found each other on Instagram and caught up. The text you saw was us meeting up to plan how you and Hugh would meet also, us trying to plan your birthday party and present." I admitted. Alan smiled and apologized for his assumptions profusely. I smiled kindly at him kissing him over and over. Hugh smiled widely at us, looking away and rubbing his neck. I smiled at his awkwardness and he once again smiled back.

"Thank you Y/N!" Alan said, after coming out of his shock. I kissed his cheek saying 'You're Welcome'  We went for a drive in Alan's new car and we went out to eat, we all caught up and laughed as Hugh and I, told Alan stories of our childhood together.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for reading 💛 I hope you enjoyed.