Rough Nights

I rocked back and forth in the creaky chair as Alan laid in the hospital bed. It was just habit for me to rock when I was nervous. I stared at his face it's what scared me so much. His color was pale and his eyes looked tired and worn out.

I breathed in heavily hearing the heart rate monitor. I was scared that he'd be gone forever. That I wouldn't be able to see him smile or hear him laugh. That his bright eyes would be forever closed and the love and care in his eyes for everything would be gone.

They told me it was a slim chance he'd pull through but I was hoping and waiting that maybe that he'd pull through that slim chance. I closed my eyes and hoped, prayed even that he would make it out that I would be able to see him happy again smiling again.

That's when I heard it. The loud long beep that I had dread would come. I tried my best to hold myself together as I watched the doctors rush in and try to save him. I clasped my hands around myself as I watched him slip away from reality. I was sad but this... This broke me in a million pieces. I screamed, I screamed for him but he couldn't hear me. I begged for him to come back to me, to not leave me all alone. I screamed and I cried as I watched him slip away from me forever.

"Y/N! ... Y/N!." I heard his voice say. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry I couldn't save you." I said quietly. "Save me from what Y/N. Open your eyes look at me." He said confused. I opened my eyes to see a worried Alan. I quickly sat up and looked at him with tears filling my eyes. "It was just a dream Y/N, I'm fine okay nothing happened sweetheart." He said pulling me into a hug. I nodded tiredly hugging him close afraid to let go. "I had a dream you left me." I said tiredly. I got no response so I looked up at him. He gave me a small smile and kissed me softly. I was confused as to why he wasn't saying anything. I reached up to touch him and he disappeared right in front of me and just like in my dream I was all alone. I sobbed for hours afterwards uncontrollably I miss him so much. I hugged his shirt that I had on, his scent was on it so it calmed but not fully I still wanted him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unfortunate twist😭😭😭 I hope you guys enjoyed though. I promise I'll upload a happier one in a little bit.💛 let me know if there are any grammar mistakes or errors. Thanks for reading.