Us Time

I made my way down the stairs after putting our 7 month old son Arthur to sleep.

"He's asleep." I told Alan quietly. He was leaned back on the kitchen counter drinking a glass of wine. He smiled at me and pulled me into a hug kissing me and placing his forehead on mine. "When was the last time we stayed up together like this?" He said softly before kissing my forehead. "7 months." I said chuckling Arthur would always whine and cry in his sleep for Alan and I so we were usually so tired that we'd fall asleep on each other. "It's just nice to finally have some us time. I wouldn't have any different though I love our little boy." Alan said proudly. "Me too." I told him smiling.

It went silent  allowing us to hear the soft music playing in the back. It was the first song Alan and I sung to together in the car when we first met. We both smiled widely at each other. He sat his wine glass down and grabbed my hand. He gently pulled me towards the middle of the living room and swayed with me slowly. I smiled and leaned into him a bit.

"You're my world darling, you know that right." I told Alan after a few moments. "And you're mine doll."

We danced for a while before ultimately getting tired and deciding we'd watch a movie until we fell asleep. I stayed up about ten minutes into the movie until Alan started humming and running his hands through my hair. Alan fell asleep not to long afterwards.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This one's a lot happier😇. I hope you guys enjoyed💛 thanks so much for reading.