Teacher's Pet

I entered into Mr. Rickman's class with a huge smile on my face. We had to do an essay about 'what we love most about life.' I choose to write about music and writing. They were the only two things that would move me so deeply.

Once I entered he gave me a huge smile and a nod. It took everything in me to not giggle happily as I was super excited to see my grade. He purposely moved slowly around the room glancing at me every once in a while. I bounced up and down excitedly as he walked towards my direction, but immediately pouted as he gave the paper to my best friend behind me instead.

Finally, he placed my paper on my desk faced down. I quickly picked it up and gave a huge smile. '100% Great Job Sweetheart you described everything beautifully.' The note in red pen said on the top right corner. I smiled giddily and looked up at Mr. Rickman's wide smile as well. He gave me a wink and mouthed a good job before starting to teach class.

"What did you get?" My friend Rose asked after Mr. Rickman said 20% of the class failed the essay.

"100, what about you?" I whispered so we wouldn't get in trouble.

"53, why does he always give you a 100. No one else in this class has ever gotten a 100." She said frustrated. She's right, most kids usually have a 95,80, or a 70. I am the only one to ever get 100's in his class. Alan is a pretty tough grader on things. However, that's what makes me so happy about getting them. I truly am a teachers pet.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is nothing more than a friendship between teacher and student btw. Alan just has a soft spot for your enthusiasm and effort for evey thing you do. The idea was suppose to be he's a father figure for you and he praises you for your good work. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed, thanks for reading💛