chapter eleven: you and me

after everything with you and Namjoon, the last thing you'd expect is to be sitting with him eating dinner. 

we ended up in this situation after you received a concerning message regarding an attack they had suffered- NCT again.

concerned- though you'd never admit it- and curious, you accepted his proposal to meet. now seated and awaiting service you stared.

"thank you for meeting with me, i know your busy."

"it honestly is no problem. i wish to know more about the attack."

"the guys are fine luckily we escaped unscathed,"

"what exactly happened?"

"we were on our way to look over a shipment we received nothing large or unmanageable. everything was going as planned when the first one went off. we quickly caught on to the fact that it was a bomb, one not to far from us- maybe 7/8 feet- so we ran out of the dock and just in time too."

you listened attentively, everything you'd hear would be important and relevant. you need everything you can get on NCT, every spec- you still had to talk to Dong-shi.

"so how did you come to the conclusion it was NCT?"

"when we returned to Kim Inc. there was a package, cautious, we took it outside and checked only to find a card addressed to me. it was along the lines of we can make a powerful alliance, that if we worked together we could-"

"take me down," you scoffed, as smart and deceitful as NCT seemed they sure as hell didn't do research.

"y/n i would never do such a thing."

chuckling slightly you replied, "i can't be sure. we are rivals after all, Namjoon."

"y/n i would never do such a thing to you, i know what happened between us wasn't pleasant but i would never. i lo-"

"hello good evening sir, madam. what would you like to start of with this evening?"

you sighed inwardly at the waitress' great timing, you weren't sure how you'd survive or cope if Namjoon had finished his statement, if he had openly said he loves you. you could feel your chest constrict at the mere thought.

"oh, i'll have the steak with pasta and for the lady-"

"i'll have pesto and we'll take a bottle of Grenache." with that the woman gave a brief nod and walked away. Namjoon let out a heavy breath.

"i know you have been having trouble with them y/n, that's why i wish to help, anything you'll need."

"Namjoon we are not allies-"

"we can be, we can be allies. our father's have set the Kim's and Gim's apart but i wish not for that. i want us to be allies."

you sat and surveyed what he was offering, you knew deep down it was because he wished have a part in your life again. he wanted- if not to be your lover- to offer protection. your heart clenched.

"i do not think that would be-"

"y/n! please, i know what you think of me and i know you want nothing to do with me but please. if you wish you will never have to meet with me again. i just want to offer my assistance."

"what assistance?"

"anything you'd need."

"and if i said, i want half of your weapon supply?"

he choked, "what?"

"you heard me, half."

"i'd be willing to give it to you," there was not an ounce of hesitation or doubt in his voice.