chapter twelve: plays out

you found Lee Dong-shi dead the next morning- unfortunately. you'd have enjoyed putting a bullet in his head. 

coming to conclusion that he didn't deserve a burial- proper or not- you burned him, just as all other traitors got.

you left your home that morning in higher spirits than you have in a while.

you got rid of the traitors, appointed a new board, killed Dong-shi and found out about the leader of NCT. 

Lee Tae Yong.

lighting a Marlboro- they seemed to be your go to recently- raising it to your lips and taking a long drag.

your morning at the office would be a good one you could feel it- you should have also realized good never lasted.

🖤

arriving at the office, you were met with the Min Squad, all three of them wearing annoyance on their features. 

you already knew your good day was as good as gone, "what happened?"

"Choi Sae Byun has recently returned from Japan. as an ally she wishes to meet with you as soon as possible," Seongmin said.

"there is also a female waiting outside your office, says she wishes to become part of the Gim family, we were unable to question her before your arrival." 

hearing Gim family, you already knew it was mafia related. most people looking for a job in corporate went through HR.

"also Kim Namjoon said he would come by with the contract around 1pm."

the three girls looked at you. they were more than aware of last nights' dinner with Namjoon, maybe they thought it meant something had happened.

"tell Choi i'll meet with her tomorrow morning, i'll deal with the woman outside my office. also i received some information on NCT, i'll need you in my office some time before Namjoon arrives."

you walked away from the girls, female outside my office.

once you were up the elevator and on the 8th floor you walked toward your office doors, looking at the decor, you found it bland, tasteless, "i'll have to redecorate."

once you lay eyes on short blonde hair you spoke, "i heard you want to be apart of the Gim family."

the girls turned to you and your breath caught momentarily, this girl- you had a brief idea of who she may be- was gorgeous and she looked disturbingly familiar.

"yes, i do. i have been working on my own for a while and i'm hoping i can finally give my services permanently."

"really and what would make you think we have that permanent space your looking for?" you leaned against your office door, scanning the girls frame- her attire, posture, aura.

"i am determined to leave here with a spot as small as it may be, i'm just asking for a chance."

you scanned her, taking in the way her eyes gleamed, the way determination shone through, "come with me into my office and we'll talk there."

the girl- you'd have to get her name- followed behind as you walked in and towards your desk. once you were both seated you began.

"okay, the first thing i'll be needing from you is your name, as you may also be aware when it come to jobs like these i'll have to do a background check."

"my name is Bae Do-A."

"okay that's a start. i'll also need place of birth, current address, a list of people you've worked with and what skills you posses."

you looked at the way she slightly furrowed her eyebrows, "won't a background check provide you with this all?"

you chuckled, "it would, but hearing it from you now and then seeing the same shows that your honest."

her eyes gleamed with an emotion you couldn't quite place- it intrigued you.

"i was born in Korea, though for most of my life i have been residing in America- not really in one place- i've only recently moved back to Korea, as for the list of people, there are some i can give you and others i can't because it's bound by legal contracts that permit me from say-"

"well i mean it's only legal, i'm sure i can get them myself i you wish not to relay them," Do-A had already gained some respect from you. not only had she respected those she's worked for she also outright refused your command- impressive.

"oh, alright?" she seemed skeptical, "as for my skills, i'm trained in hand to hand combat, hacking and," she paused looking into your eyes, almost as if to enunciate her point, "torture."

"torture huh, i'll have to evaluate you on that. i know that most who do hacking prefer to not partake in too much brutality. if you can handle it though, i'd be impressed."

"i can, i assure you."

"well then Ms. Bae you seem to be well equipped, you've managed to peak my interest and i'd like to see your skills. once i've finished that background check i'll contact you accordingly. goodbye."

"wouldn't you need my number?"

i stared at her amusingly, "i'll contact you Ms. Bae, have a good day."

with that she rose and exited your office.

you stared at the ceiling, "definitely more to you Bae Do-A."

《ⓡⓔⓥⓔⓐⓛⓔⓓ》

y/n met briefly with the Min Squad following Do-A's dismissal, after she had given herself some time to think over everything she called for them and relayed everything they knew so far regarding NCT.

now, after her briefing with them she sat awaiting Namjoon's arrival. she already had her lawyer with her- hopefully she wouldn't regret signing this contract. 

she already knew her father would have a lot to say about the matter and she steeled her mind- she couldn't deal with the migraines she got when she spoke to him.

a brisk knock rattled her office door, "come in."

when the door opened she saw her assistant, "Ms. Gim, Kim Namjoon of Kim Corporations has arrived."

"let him in Mrs. Song."

y/n waited a few minutes before Namjoon stepped in accompanied by a smaller male- she assumed it was his lawyer. the male sported a pair of specs and straight cut suit, he screamed authority.

y/n saw past what ever 'authority' he felt he had. in a room with two mafia bosses he held no authority, she was sure it was an act to mask the fear he probably felt.

"Ms. Gim," at Namjoon's greeting she stood to shake his hand. "this is my lawyer Shin Taekwon, he has drawn up the contract for you to view."

after giving a slight bow she responded, " i hope their will be no problem, this in Kim Daewon, my legal adviser, he'll look over the contract before any type of signing or agreement is made."

with a nod from Namjoon, you gestured for them to take a seat and you all began.

let's see how this will play out.

《ⓡⓔⓥⓔⓐⓛⓔⓓ》

hey guys!

i am so damn sorry for missing my updates last week, it a stressful time with exams and all, don't worry though i'll try my best to deliver and not hold back to much with updates.

thank you to everyone reading this, it makes my life a little brighter.

🅥🅞🅣🅔                                  🅒🅞🅜🅜🅔🅝🅣