chapter fourteen: better, than the best

you sat analyzing-hopefully- the soon to be new addition to the Gim family.

after conducting the background check, you deemed her worthy- even if she is Namjoon's cousin.

you'd decided against killing her, both you and Namjoon were allies now.

as promised you are now assessing her torture skills and she's exceptionally good- scarily so.

"you know if i didn't know any better i'd assume you liked me," came Do-A's teasing voice and wow you hadn't even realised you'd strayed that far into thought.

"well it'd seem you don't know better, like you? i'm not sure yet. like your torture methods? of course."

"do you really indulge that greatly in slow death? i, myself even if i torture prefer quick and clean."

you hummed, surveying the limp corpse laying strewn on the floor, still alive sadly.

"quick and clean, though appealing isn't for me, i've found i prefer slow, gruesome, messy. it's more satisfying that way."

Do-A chuckled, "i'll hold you too that."

"as much as i ensure torture though, i have other matters to deal with. as far as i see your quite capable in this field. the Min Squad will monitor your other assessments, even though i wish too."

"i won't fail, of that i can assure you."

"and i'l hold you too that Bae Do-A."

《ⓡⓔⓥⓔⓐⓛⓔⓓ》

"i don't like Min Yoongi."

Jaemin was finally able to sit and have a proper meal with her boyfriend, "i don't exactly favour him either."

Mark raised a brow at you reply, "why's that?"

"our history isn't all that good, none-the-less he's a good friend."

"history? like relationship history?"

"yeah, we sort of dated? it was complicated." 

"oh, cool."

Jaemin could sense the change in her boyfriend's voice, the way his form slightly slumped, the way his lips pursed. 

"is it a problem?" 

"it's just unnerving that you and your ex still talk."

scoffing Jaemin, narrowed her eyes, "and what you mean is you don't trust me."

Mark's eyes softened, "that's not what i meant Jae. i trust you, its just you can't always trust exes. stuff can get messy. i just want you safe."

if only you know how unsafe i spent every hour of my day, "well as i said he's a great friend, he gives great advice and i trust him."

on cue your phone vibrated, you pulled it out, checking if there was an emergency, only to see Yoongi's name.

𝘔𝘪𝘯 𝘠𝘰𝘰𝘯𝘨𝘪

𝗌𝗈𝗆𝖾𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗀'𝗌 𝖿𝗂𝗌𝗁𝗒 𝖺𝖻𝗈𝗎𝗍 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝖻𝗈𝗒𝖿𝗋𝗂𝖾𝗇𝖽 𝗈𝖿 𝗒𝗈𝗎𝗋𝗌

𝗃𝗎𝗌𝗍 𝗐𝖺𝗇𝗍𝖾𝖽 𝗍𝗈 𝗅𝖾𝗍 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗄𝗇𝗈𝗐

Jaemin read the messages a second time before pocketing her phone. she was deadly serious about her trust in Yoongi.

she didn't wish for it to seem like she was suspicious of Mark- he didn't give her any reason  to be. she knew though that this was a cutthroat society she lived in.

she glanced at Mark- maybe she should do some more digging.

《ⓡⓔⓥⓔⓐⓛⓔⓓ》

"so is this a date?"

"why'd you think that

Namjoon gave an overly dramatic sigh, resting his cheek on his palm he said, "a man can dream can't he?"

you peered into his dark eyes before rolling yours, "dream away then sweetheart."

at mention of the endearment you couldn't help but wonder whether Namjoon knew you used it to tease, to see the way his eyes would to something akin of regret.

he laughed though, dimples protruding, "well this isn't a business meeting, so i'll call it a date," he winked.

a smile bloomed on your face, it seems, you always smiled when it comes to Kim Namjoon.

he was right though, this was no meeting and as ashamed as you were to admit it, dates with Namjoon always soothes.

as if on tandem all the dates you've ever went on with him play out, they burst behind your eyes in vivid colour.

"well, Mr. Kim if this is too be a date, i expect nothing but the best."

"i'll give you better than the best, love."

you melted all over again- reminded that your heart hasn't belonged to you since the incident two years ago. your heart had been broken and split amongst those you cherished, and now you were too afraid to ask for the pieces back. afraid to care and love them again.

and if you both spent the rest of the night engrossed in each other, you thought nothing of it, simply savouring it- it was too good to be true- and you'd savour it before it disappeared.

《ⓡⓔⓥⓔⓐⓛⓔⓓ》

first of all, THANK YOU FOR OVER 200 READS!

yay! back at last. please enjoy this chapter!

thank you for waiting, staying and reading it means a lot.

🅥🅞🅣🅔                                     🅒🅞🅜🅜🅔🅝🅣