chapter thirteen: this is....

when Jaemin returned to her apartment, a place she'd some to when she needed to be alone sometimes, she was not expecting to she him there.

"what are you doing here?"

she stared exasperated at the male in front of her eyes, he too stood stunned, eyes wide.

"Jae, i know your not here often and know it may seem weird but i come here some times to just feel like you here with me. d-does that make sense, fuck that maybe sounded weird."

she smile slightly at his sputtering, "hey, don't worry okay, i was just startled, you. should have told me you come here."

"yeah i know but your busy all the time and i try not to bother you to much." her heart clenched at his statement, "by the way, why are you here i though you were gonna be busy this evening."

"y-yeah, i was but my boss gave me the evening off, it was kinda last minute."

"does that mean we can go out? i know its late but i'm pretty sure we can get dinner or something."

"i can't actually."

a line appeared on his forehead and she could already here the questions coming.

"but you said you're free."

"i am free, but not free? my boss gave me the evening off but i have stuff to do, like a lot of stuff. i want to spend the evening with you but i can't."

"well if you can't go out maybe we can get take out and chill here."

"no we can't-"

"why can't we? you're making excuses. do you not want to spend time with me?"

"it's not that. it's just ,my job and everything is suffocating."

"if it's suffocating  you should take a break and not rush to do more!"

"i have no choice."

"what exactly is your job, Jae cause as far as i know you work an office job and you haven't said anything else. i understood up to this point why you might have not wanted to tell me but i need to know cause i feel like your hiding something from me!"

Jaemin stared at him- at her boyfriend-  she felt hopeless, she wanted something normal something mundane, she should have known that would never work with her lifestyle.

"i know we haven't been together long and that i may seem clingy but i just want to spend time with you and get to know you better. i'm sorry for yelling i'm just kind of frustrated."

"i'm sorry. i know we should spend more tme together and i've been trying to clear my schedule, i'm just so busy and i really can't risk missing work. i'm sorry for not telling you about my job i'm not ashamed of it, i swear. i work in a company and authority has changed so a lot is going right now."

he sighed, "i didn't want to make you feel bad Jae, it-"

"no! hear what right i'll clear my morning tomorrow so we can hang out, we can grab coffee and breakfast and talk."

"really," he looked skeptical. "aren't you busy though?"

"don't worry okay? i'll call and inform them. i know this really nice place we can visit."

she watched the way his eyes shone, the way his lips curled into the biggest smile she'd ever seen from him. this is what she wanted, to be able to spend time with her significant other without fear of being harmed or followed.

she smiled too.

🖤

with confirmation from y/n and a good luck given to her by Hamin and Seongmin, she made her way to the small cafe she got coffee from normally.

this time was a little more special than other times though because with her was her current love interest- she hoped this would last.

they both sat in her car, with him driving- he'd insisted- they made their way to Sweet Tooth, despite its slightly cringy name it was indeed and amazing cafe, the atmosphere was relaxed and welcoming and she always loved going.

once they arrived and got a seat, her boyfriend got up and made his way to the counter to order their respective orders.

everything was going great so far, so when she heard a familiar voice in the background she couldn't help but deflate.

"what are you doing here?" she hissed, glancing at the front counter to make sure her boyfriend was preoccupied.

"what do you mean? am i not allowed to get coffee?"

Jaemin gave him a flat look, " Min Yoongi we both know better than that."

"okay okay, maybe i wanted to talk to you and maybe i know you get coffee here in the morning," she stared at him flabbergasted.

"i wasn't expecting your boyfriend though."

"Yoongi, you can't keep doing shit like this especially now. i was looking forward to a good time with him, we haven't been able to see each other in so long and now here you are."

"Jae, i didn't mean to ruin your date honestly. i really just wanted to talk to you."

"well, you know there's this thing called a phone, you use it to call and text people. have you ever heard of it?"

"your sarcasm isn't app-"

"Jaemin?"

both Yoongi and Jaemin whipped their heads toward the voice- it was fast enough to have given them whiplash. standing not to far from the table was Jaemin's boyfriend, confusion painting his features.

"who's this. is he bothering you?"

"n-no, he isn't," she glared in Yoongi's direction. "this is an old friend of mine, he saw me and came to say hello."

"and old friend?" he turned to Yoongi, staring at him, analyzing him.

the air was thick and stuffy, "yes and old friend, this is Min Yoongi, we went to college together. Yoongi this is my boyfriend," they both outstretched their hands.

"this is Mark Lee."

《ⓡⓔⓥⓔⓐⓛⓔⓓ》

double-fucking-update!

cause why not?

so Jaemin's boyfriend- i'll let it sink in.

i hope you guys enjoyed! thank you for reading.

🅥🅞🅣🅔                                 🅒🅞🅜🅜🅔🅝🅣