Chapter Six: Birthday Party

Birthday Party

Waving at Kim as we dropped her off at her house while Jared went back to patrol I once again folded my arms over my chest and continued to walk down the road, choosing to ignore Sam. I wasn't as mad as I was before about Sam throwing me into the icy cold water but I still hadn't came up with a good plan to get back at him for it.

"You going to have to talk to me at some point, Lilies," Sam said as he remained close enough for me to feel the heat run off of him in waves. "I'll buy you ice cream."

"Coffee," I said my lips twitching.

"Okay, I'll buy you coffee." He agree his arm fall over my shoulders. "So you forgive me?"

Chuckling I shook my head. "Not so fast buddy. First, I want coffee for the next three months free of charge." I stated grinning as I set my conditions. "Second, I want you to try and get along with Jasper for at least one day. Honestly thirty minutes would be fine without the pair of you wanting to tear the others head off. And finally, you have to come over to Charlies for Christmas."

"No way am I ever going to get along with that blood sucker." Sam stated, his voice firm. "It's not happening Lily."

I pouted wondering when the two of them would get along. It wasn't easy being friends with a supposed to be shape-shifter who turned into a wolf and a cold-stone vampire who supposedly drunk only animal blood.

"Those are my conditions." I said glancing towards him. "I won't change my mind."

Sam didn't say anything as we continued down the road. I didn't know what he was thinking. I didn't know if he would really agree to them or not.

He said that vampires and shifters have always been enemies. He said that they could never be friends because it was against their genes to let a creature who fed on humans run free. He said that it was nearly impossible for him to just let the Cullen's remain where they are, now that he knew they surrounded themselves with living humans.

He said a lot of things that made sense but that I didn't agree with.

Reaching my car I turned to face the male that still hadn't answered my question. "I'll see you later, Sam." I said watching as he only nodded with a distance look in his eyes.

It was odd that Sam wasn't saying anything. It was odd for such a short good-bye. He wasn't really a man of a few words most of the time but at that moment it was like he didn't have anything to say.

Letting out a sigh I got into my car and turned it on, feeling as the blast of cold air before the heat slowly warmed up. The trip to La Push hadn't been pointless as I had gotten to see Sam, though he didn't show me whatever it was he wanted me to see. Of course, I still wished that he would've at least wished me a happy birthday.

Searching for my phone I pulled onto the road, my eyes going to the rear-view mirror to see Sam was already gone. I know nothing serious had happened as there hadn't been any howling in the distance and no one had came in search of Sam.

Purpose I had pushed to hard and now Sam was upset with me.

"Hello?" The male answered sounding distracted.

"You up for a party at the Cullen's?" I asked knowing that Mike was always up to hanging out.

"Why do I have to go?" Mike asked letting out what sounded like a sigh.

"Because it's a party and Bella's going to be there." I said grinning as the car picked up speed. "I'll be at your house in ten."

"I thought you went to Lu Push? It takes longer then that to get here." Mike stated.