JASPER HALE

JASPER HALE

He was a shell of what he could have been had he stayed instead of leaving. His golden eyes locked onto the newborn, feeling for the first time in months, a thrill. Jasper knew that if she had been alive, been there that very day, she would have wanted him to protect her sister. 

Hell, Jasper knew that Renée would have been the one doing the protecting. Even if she was human, she was a force to reckon with. 

Every day he regretted leaving; regretted believing Edward saying that this was the safest path for them. If he could go back and change time, he would give up everything for her. 

Renée had become the center of his world. Even as all hope was lost; even as he began to believe the thoughts that said she was dead; he had searched. He roamed and argued and killed to find the one person who made sense. 

His family had tried to help. 

Edward had tried to help, but his own mate came first. 

As Jasper ripped apart a newborn, feelings their hands claw against him, his thoughts were on Renée Swan. As the wolves fight next to him, the same wolves that had tried to steal his singer again, and good reason from what Edward had said. 

Good reason at that time. 

But like him, they had failed her as well. They had failed in protecting her. 

They had failed in protecting one of their own. 

Jasper tore another newborn apart, feeling the rage that came from being so close to the werewolves that hadn't protected the one person they needed to. Blame was placed but he knew that he blamed himself the most. 

He would give anything just to see his singer once more.