(3) Uno

Sam sat across from me, with two cards left in his hand. It wasn't looking good for me. No matter how long I tried to drag Uno out, it was clear fate wasn't against me. Not once Had I been able to win.

But I wasn't giving up. Not yet.

"I'll skip you, skip you again, use this wild and change it to blue." Even with my odds, I only had a few cards left. Five against his two.

Maybe there was hope yet to win.

Maybe I could do something.

It was a brief false hope as he crushed my chances of winning. Not only did he have a blue, it wouldn't have mattered as his other card was a draw four wild.

"I just know your cheating," I grumbled as I threw the cards down. "I knew I should of had that knuckle head Paul come with you. Even Jared would have been something. No way could you have won all those games."

Sam gave a slight laugh. "I wasn't."

"Suureee." I took up the cards planning another round when I heard the sound of a doors. "Their back." Tossing the game that I was hopeless out, I scrambled to my feet.

Dad had left hours before to get Bella when her plan landed. And if it wasn't them, it was Jacob and his father, bringing the supplies I requested of them.

As I threw the door open, my first guess was correct. "Bella!" I hurried out, the weather no fairer on her then it had been when I arrived. "Did you guys stop for food on the way back?" I sent a wary glance towards our father.

I didn't doubt that he'd skip out on the not so made meal I had said would be done when they got here. With my luck, I would have burnt the kitchen down, but I could always blame Sam for distracting me with Uno. It was shortly after dad left that he arrived, and since I decided not to do anything that day, what better way to pass time then loss constantly.

He must have been cheating.

"Uh no." Bella looked behind me. "Whose that?"

I followed her gaze and to Sam. "Sam. Sam Uley." It was like the name didn't ring any bells to her. I swear Bella listens to me just as much as I listen to her. "I swear mom forgetfulness rubbed onto you a lot. Sam, lives in La Push. Contently visiting me. I always talk about him, in a complaining manner since before we moved we lived so far away."

Her mouth formed a 'o' but I knew she still didn't have a clue to who I was talking about.

"Lets get your stuff," I said as I headed towards dad. "Wow, Bella, I really thought you packed more." Dad had the only bag Bella brought, his trunk shutting. "No, really, I thought after you left, you would have decided to pack more."

With the looks of it she didn't look like she planned to stay for more then a week.

"Oh, daddio," I followed after him as my sister stood off to the side, "dinner is no where close to being ready. Wanna go out tonight?"

Dad, who gave a swift nod at Sam, continued into the house. "I thought you planned to cook, Lilis?"

"I decided losing at Uno would be more interesting." I shrugged, as he started up the stairs and I stayed at the bottom. "So we eating out?"

His no answer, or maybe he did and I just didn't hear it, told me that we were. It wasn't like I had anything to cook and we couldn't expect Bella to do it. At least not in the first night.

Bella followed up the stairs, as I stayed at the bottom and turned my attention back to him.

"Ya, we're eating out," I said as I walked back to the living room. "When do you have to be back in La Push?"