Chapter 16.5: Dear Alice

Dear Alice

Third Person POV

Alice Cullen born human but turned into a vampire had a special gift in her family. She could see into the future, the many paths that one life could take to meet their end goal. But not everything was predictable and Alice couldn't always be right.

Some things weren't set in stone. They changed because of a small decision someone made.

Some things were set in stone and would happen no matter what. They didn't change no matter how small the decision someone made was.

Alice couldn't always be sure but it wasn't often that the female vampire was wrong. Seeing different paths someone could take, seeing if they ended up in the same place or not, it took time to figure out to get the hang of. Alice had all the time in the world to do that.

It was because of her gift that she was able to meet Jasper Hale, another vampire that her family had taken in. It was because of her gift that she and Jasper were able to meet the rest of the Cullen's. It showed her the one place the two belonged.

But not everything with this gift was a blessing. Alice saw things that she didn't want to see. Some of these things affected her family in ways that it made it hard for them to survive and go unnoticed. Some of these things changed the members in her family completely.

Alice liked Forks Washington. She liked the small town. She liked the humans that went to the school there. She liked just about everything about the town, well expect for the black spots that would occasionally appear in her visions.

She almost felt normal, almost.

Alice remembered when things changed, taking a twist for her family but mostly Edward and Jasper. She watched as her brothers finally found their mates, the people who would make them happy. She had always been worried about Jasper because unlike the others Jasper didn't have as much control on his thirst as the others.

Still, Alice knew that this human girl was going to be the light to his darkness. She would finally get the others to see Jasper the way that she was always able to. Seeing this human girl was the bright side to Alice's gift but with this girl came come black spots in her vision that made it hard to see into her future and if she was going to become one of them or not.

All Alice was sure of most of the time was that it wouldn't be Jasper who lost his control and turned her. At least, if Renee Swan was every turned into one of them. Alice couldn't be a hundred percent sure most of the time.

Alice had seen three main paths for Renee Swan, one was black. She couldn't see past the blackness, if the girl was alive or if she was dead but Alice could guess and it didn't look good. The second was bright, with Renee being turned into a vampire and running with Jasper through a forest. Finally the last showed Renee dying at the hands of another her future once again turning black, showing that it was the end of her life-line.

She knew it would kill Jasper to know the uncertainty that she saw in Renee's Swan future but she didn't tell her brother about them paths. Alice couldn't bring herself to see Jasper fall back into his black hole that Renee was slowly bringing him out of.

So after eight months, Alice watched as her brother lost control. She hadn't see it in her vision of how the birthday party was supposed to happen that night. She hadn't seen Jasper lose his control and try to kill Renee Swan.

How could she predict something like that? Her gift wasn't prefect.

Alice watched as the world around Jasper fall apart in one night. She watched as Renee's future disappeared once again. She watched as everything she didn't want to happen started to.