Chapter Twenty-Five: A Liars Deception

"Tell me about him," Sam said, looking down at me as I used him as a pillow. "Tell me about your son."

I chuckled, closing my eyes once again. "He looks nothing like me but he acts very much like me. He has the brightest pair of blue eyes that I've ever seen, and the lightest shade of blonde hair. Just seeing his smile lit my day up." I said, my heart twisting painfully.

Sam continued to play with my hair. "How does he act like you?" He asked.

"He's such a troublemaking child even when he doesn't know what he's doing yet," I explained, my smile widening slightly. "I had put him down for only a second I swear and the next thing I know some lady called the cops on me! I swear I don't know how he got there."

Sam chuckled even with not being told what happened or where he had gone.

"Like, it was magic no joke. Of course, the cops hadn't believed that story but they didn't believe the lady either." I continued, my smile fading. "It was good that the report hadn't been written up. Means there's still a chance that I can get him back."

My stomach twisted into knots at that.

"You don't sound very assured about that," Sam said, after a few long moments of silence.

"Would he be good in my care? Can I really give him everything that he needs?" I asked, feeling doubt fill me at them questions. "Can I really make a good mother for him? Joe can provide things that I can't even dream of."

Sam's hand froze in my hair before I felt it move and touch my cheek. My eyes flashed opened as I looked at him, noticing a deadly serious expression on his face. Something told me I asked the wrong questions.

"You can give him love and would try your best. That's all he would need." Sam said, clearly sensing that I needed to be told that. "There's nothing out there that Joe can do better than you. A mother's love is greater than anything."

"You got that from Harry Potter, didn't you."

"No. Who's Harry Potter?"

I sighed, shaking my head. "Never mind that. It's not a very famous book yet." I mumbled, a yawn escaping me. "Are you really okay here? I thought you couldn't stand the smell?"

"I can't stand seeing you upset even more," Sam said, looking up from me. "I don't like seeing you so hurt, Lily. I want you to be able to smile and be happy."

I chuckled, moving up from my position. "I don't think that's an option any longer. My sister is dating a vampire." I pointed out.

"She shouldn't. It's not safe." Sam agreed, his tone darkening.

"Is it any safer around you? You could shift at the slightest thing." I argued.

Sam sighed. "No more secrets, Lily," Sam ordered.

I smirked at the male. "The same goes to you then."

"I'm an open book." I looked towards him as a lie appeared. "You can ask me anything, you should now that Lily."

What was he lying about? What didn't he want me to ask?

"Anything?"

"Of course."

I knew through that it was a lie. I couldn't ask him anything and expect the truth. He must of forgotten just how good I was at knowing when someone was lying to me.