Chapter Twelve: Halloween Surprises

Halloween Surprises

I was standing next to Bella and Mike, laughing at something that the male said while my sister face turned a beat-red color. Besides us was a table filled with presents, and a cake that said Happy Birthday. We were throwing a party for someone.

Turning around as Bella raised her hand I spotted Jasper walking towards us, his face twisted with pain. I begin walking towards the male worried about what was causing him such pain. I didn't want to see him hurting.

Suddenly all the light disappeared surrounding me in complete darkness. I tried calling out but found no sound leaving me. It felt odd as I knew just moments before I was laughing with my sister and Mike.

As if a switch was hit a light appeared showing Bella and Mike again. Only this time the pair looked like they were dressed for a funeral. Bella looked like she had been crying.

Charlie appeared holding Geoffrey as he walked over to my sister. He was also dressed in a nice black suit that I had only seen him wear for funerals. I didn't understand what was happening.

Who could've died? It wasn't me. I was right here.

Taking a step towards them the light disappeared filling everything around me in darkness. No longer did I know what was happening. Why was I left along in pitch black darkness. Why couldn't I call out to my family, and Mike, to see what was happening.

Why was Mike even there?

Another light appeared but this time it was back at the birthday party. I watched as Jasper continued to walk towards me, but that was impossible. How was I watching this if I was there in front of him?

Watching as the scene before me played out I found myself unable to move, to scream, to do anything. Jasper face twisted to a look of pure hungry, the softness that had once been there disappearing. Yet the other me continued to walk towards him.

I watched as Jasper attacked, biting the other me. My sister and Mike shook their heads before turning and leaving the room. They were just like me so I knew they wouldn't be able to fight a vampire but that didn't mean they should act like its normal.

And where were the rest of the Cullen's?

Waking up I tugged the blanket tighter on me as the dream slowly disappeared from my mind. It hadn't been one of the most normal dreams that I had but it wasn't as far fetched as others. Turning onto my side and adjusting the blanket the room felt colder then it should have.

Slowly, sitting up in bed I reached out and turned the lamp on to see why that was. The curtains at my window moved causing me to frown. Standing up I checked on Geoffrey, making sure that he was still asleep and wasn't freezing cold or burning up.

Moving away from the crib I pulled the curtain aside as my frown deepened. I didn't remember opening the window before I went to bed and I couldn't recall a time that I did it in my sleep. Closing the window as quietly as I could with one hand I looked out it to see something that didn't belong.

"Jasper?"

Maybe it was stupid to think the vampire that had left without a good-bye returned but a part of me had hopped. I missed him, even if I didn't show it like my sister was. I missed the vampire that I had gone dancing with and taken to prom. I missed the vampire that went hiking with me, the one that wasn't afraid of telling me the truth because I always knew when i was being lied to.

Jasper who did what he could to help me get used to having Geoffrey around. Jasper, who had taken us to a circus because he thought it was something my son would enjoy even at such a young age. Jasper, who spoke horrible Spanish but managed to get me to laugh during class when it got too boring.

It felt like I had known Jasper all my life yet that wasn't true. The first time I had meet the male was at the beginning of the year. So why did him losing control have me running to La Push if I cared so much about him?

Why couldn't I accept him like Bella did Edward?

Questions ran through my head as I made my way out of the bedroom and down the stairs, stopping only long enough to get a pair of shoes on. It was chilly outside, colder then it would've been if I brought a jacket with me. Rounding the house I expected to see Jasper, his eyes liquid gold filled with guilt or some type of emotion but instead as my running slowed to a stop I found something... someone else.

"Jasper?"

But I knew it wasn't him. Being so close now, his back did't look right.

Swallowing I watched as his red-eyes stood out against the darkness, shinning brighter then the last time I had seen him. Cold fear crawled into my stomach, twisting it into knots as I remind frozen.

"Not quite, love." He said looking the same. "I couldn't bare to wait any longer to see you. All those strangers coming and going from your house set my veins on fire. Soon, everything will be prefect but not yet."

My voice wasn't working as I stared at him. I couldn't find it in me to demand to know what he wanted and why he was doing this to me. I couldn't find it in me to ask why he couldn't leave me alone when I was a simple human.

James had wanted to kill my sister yet this vampire... this red-eyed vampire didn't even try to kill me. It was like he was enjoying the tormenting me instead.

Giving me unwanted gifts.

Appearing before me when everything was right as rain.

Scaring those around me that I hold close.

Why couldn't he leave me alone?

A howl reached us, bringing a feeling of relief to me as I stood unmoving and unable to talk. I knew that whatever was howling out in the forest being my house was close and that it wasn't happy about something. The howling seemed to only amuse the vampire as it caused a smile to form on his face.

"You don't need to worry about that thing that's howling." He said as disgust laced his voice. "Soon you won't be around for it to bother you. On the eve of our big day I'll come back and take you away from this plain life. When everything is finally perfect just like you."

He disappeared, his words causing me to feel sick.

I thought the Cullen's had chased him away for good. I thought it was safe once again. I never imagined that he would return.