Chapter Seventeen: Empty Tears

Empty Tears

Time passed and with it my hope of getting Mike and I out of here disappeared. No one came for us. No one came through that door, red-eyed vampire or savior. It was just me and Mike down here, all alone.

Even after I banged on the door, shouting for help, shouting for him to get it over with already. I don't know how long we've been trapped down there, Mike still in his chains and me free. This cell made it feel like time went by differently.

Now I sat against the wall, next to Mike, my legs pulled up against my chest. I didn't know how I was supposed to get him out of the room. I didn't know how I was supposed to save him from this mess.

I couldn't even save myself.

As the door finally cracked open I scrambled to my feet remaining against the wall with Mike. I watched as this nightmare became even more real as the man with red-eyes appeared before us. In his hands he carried the whitest grown I had ever seen.

"Why are you doing this too us?" I asked feeling as if the sound around us suddenly stopped. "Let Mike go."

"Is that what you want?" He asked stopping a few feet away from us. "For me to let this human go?"

I nodded my head. "Yes." I whispered feeling my hands start to shake.

"I can't do that. He's your gift." He said shaking his head as he turned and walked to the lone desk that was in the cell. "I would like you to put this on."

"Why?" The question came from Mike as he looked at the vampire. "Why are you doing this to us?"

"You, I couldn't care for. I would kill you if I didn't think you were important for our wedding." I flinched while shaking my head. "It's for her that you are still alive. It seems she cares for you more then the other humans. You are for her."

"Then let him go!" I said feeling weak. "Let Mike go!"

"It's okay. You'll understand after mid-night. You'll understand when you see how prefect everything is." He said appearing before me without a warning. "There's no rush to putting that on yet. We're still 5 hours away from it so rest. You'll be safe down here."

I whimpered pushing against the wall as he raised a hand.

"Please, don't do this." I whispered wanting to be home where everything was normal. "Please."

"You'll understand after you see everything. You'll realize then why this is necessary." He said, his hand still grazing my cheek. "You'll understand then."

I wouldn't understand. How could I understand the mind of a crazed vampire? How could I understand why he was doing this? I didn't know him. I didn't want to know him.

"I won't. I won't understand!" I snapped feeling the tears swelling in my eyes. "How can I understand! I don't want to get married to someone I don't know. I don't want Mike to be chained against the wall against his will! I don't want this!"

His hand grabbed my chin, forcing me to meet his red-eyes that were like liquid.

"You shouldn't say such unnecessary things. I might start believing you if I didn't already know the truth." He said, his thumb moving along my bone before he removed his hand. "Is there anything else that you would like?"

"A pen and paper." I said looking at the ground. "I want to write a letter to my father."

By the time he realizes what I was really up to it would already be too late. Alice would already have my message. At least, I hope that she would get it.

I didn't know how to make her visions work. I didn't know if she even cared about me anymore. The Cullen's had left us with no goodbyes expect for Edwards. It was clear they didn't plan on returning ever again.

"You're not going to try anything wit it are you?" The vampire asked.

I shook my head. "I wouldn't leave Mike here with you." I answered feeling defeated.

Even if Alice saw my note, even if she cared, would she even make it on time. Would she even try to do anything about it. Could she change how things were turning out?

"Very well."

* * It was clear she no longer had any hope. * *

The grown was slightly bigger then me, built for someone else it seemed. I finished my letter some time ago and folded it so that he couldn't see what it said. Not that it would stop him if he really wanted to.

He unchained Mike, his wrists already raw from trying to get free before. Now we were headed to a different part of the building, leaving the cell that had no windows and one door behind. We entered another room, this one bigger in both length and width but like the cell it had no windows and looked like there was only one day.

I didn't know where we were. Underground someplace maybe.

We stopped in front of a cross that didn't look like it belonged. Mike stood at my side watching, staying quiet and waiting for the right moment. But just like I knew the cross didn't belong in this room, I also knew that whatever Mike was waiting for wasn't going to come.

We mortals couldn't beat a vampire.

I listened to his words feeling as if all my energy had been drained out of me. His words not registering even as I nodded or agreed to he asked. It was like I was no longer there but watching as my body went through the motions.

This feeling of emptiness, of loneliness must've been how my sister fault.

This place, where ever it was located, underground or above, I knew was too far away for anyone to come and help us. Sam wouldn't be able to appear once again to save me, or Mike, from this nightmare he promised wouldn't happened. Jasper wouldn't be able to find me even if he wanted to and Alice told him what happened.

Down here, we were surrounded by nothing but brick walls and darkness. The light only coming from candles that had already been lit.

In the end it turned out that my fate was set in stone and nothing would change it. So as the clock struck midnight, chiming those twelve times, I watch with a pit of emptiness as he raised my hand to his lips his eyes swimming with glee. It was the pain, the sharp prick of something biting me that had me realizing what was happening.

But it was already too late. I couldn't stop it from happening.

Mike shouted, trying to pull me away from the vampire but I knew that it was pointless. I would rather have him drain my blood then become one of them. It wasn't something that I ever wanted.

Unable to control my self. The need to drain someone's blood. I would never ask for that.

So either way this was going to be my mortal ending.