(2) Party Like Its...

The room was as I left it from the summer before. Sage green walls, queen size bed, two book shelves, and a desk pushed against the wall across the room. Lace curtains hanged on the window that faced the front yard. This was the room I had since I was little and the room that I would share with Bella.

The two-story house, even with the size, had limited space. Unlike with mom, here we only had one bathroom. Which I once more claimed much to dads disliking. There were only two bedrooms and that was all that made the upstairs.

Bella and I have always shared a room until we moved into the old house. Mom picked one that had three bed-rooms then. So Bella and I didn't have to share anymore. At least until know. Somehow I knew it was going to be a nightmare. Maybe dad will do a quick add on. Doubt it would get done in time.

Maybe I shouldn't have moved.

Since Bella didn't visit I designed the room in my own way. The shelves hosted the trophies I collected over the years. An old volleyball one where my team almost won. A soft-ball one that everyone got.

Track and field medals. Never could make it past third place.

Where there wasn't a trophy of some kind, books littered it. Fantasy. Romance. New and old. Even if I wasn't much into it, the books felt like home. And I felt like I connected closer to Bella with just having them.

Even if her taste was of old styles.

Pictures of old friends; class trips; and vacations lined one other shelf and a section of the right wall next to the window. Cloths were tossed about. Something I knew Bella would fix once she got here.

She liked her room picked up.

The desk wasn't empty either. An old desktop sat there, waiting to be plugged in and connected to the dial-up. Mom demanded that Dad get Bella something that would keep them connected. She didn't have to worry about that when it came to me. Not now that I had the phone they got me. Not that she couldn't have just used it to talk to Bella.

Even without the phone, my old laptop sat on the desk as well. Mom had found it at a garge sale and who couldn't pass it up. Original it was going to be both mine and Bella's but after making a beat, I won.

Bella didn't seem to care either way. I swear she was too much of a push over at time. Who doesn't care about something like that. But getting it connected to the internet.

Mom was never happy when I took the phone line. She couldn't get calls then.

Next to the bed was a small white bedside table with old stickers and marker on it. The words faded and I couldn't remember what I had written all those years ago. I emptied it, knowing that Bella would demand some space for herself.

Maybe I could bribe dad to build a garage that I could claim. Then I wouldn't have to share with Bella. Not a single piece of my own space.

It was dreadful because I didn't want to give up more room. Not from the bookshelves or the old oak dresser that was packed of clothes from the summer before. Clothes... 

Bella wasn't likely to wear the same clothes I did.

Rolling over on the uncomfortable bed, I slowly got up. Bella would be arriving soon. Too soon. Couldn't she just wait a week longer.

I liked the idea of having the room to myself for that much longer. But somehow I doubted she would like that idea.

Grabbing my black and white varsity jacket I slowly went down the stairs to find dad. He took a few days off. Between me arriving and Bella's arrival, he would have otherwise been at work and unable to greet either of us. And he wanted to.