Well Fuck

We get to our hotel on the first leg of our road trip. The hotel we stay in in Boston is always my favorite. The best beds and the best room service.

I throw my bag down on the bed and slip off my jacket. Justin does the same thing I just did, but immediately takes out his phone and starts texting.

He has been doing that ever since the plane landed and we got on the bus and curiosity is getting the better of me.

"That thing permanently attached to your hand now?" I ask jokingly.

"Sorry man, just texting with Tiff. She is pretty funny and witty with her come backs," he says with a big smile.

"Yeah she'll get the last word in every time. So don't even try to out do her," I joke with him.

"Any tips on where to take her for our date? I mean with you being her best friend for so long you have to know what she likes," he asks me.

I do know everything about that woman, I think to myself. How she likes Lily's over Roses and how she likes a guy to be chivalrous, but not over the top. Open a door for her, but don't order for her ever, she'll call you out on that so fast.

How her favorite thing to do is take a walk in the park down from her place and grab an ice cream at that little shop right before the park.

I could go on about her, I think to myself.

"Noah? Any help here would be awesome," I hear Justin say and it pulls me out of my thoughts.

I turn and tell him all the things I just thought about. Wanting Tiff to have the best date possible. God knows she deserves it for everything she has helped me with.

"Thanks man. I promise to treat her well," he says with a smile.

"I know you will. Out of everyone on the team I am glad that it's you taking her out. You are the only one I trust," laughing a little.

Just as I finish my sentence Justin's phone starts to ring.

"Speaking of Tiff. I guess she knew we were talking about her," he says and answers his phone.

I throw on my head phones and start to watch a movie on my iPad. Trying to concentrate on the movie, but my mind wandering to my best friend.

I grab my phone and start scrolling through my photo albums and can't help, but smile at the pictures I have of her and I.

Every picture in there has a story and I find myself getting lost in all the stories. A premiant smile on my face looking through all of them.

I close that album and look through my album of Anslee and I. I start thinking about if I really do love her as much as I thought I did. Or if it was just the next logical step for our relationship.

I get lost in looking at the photos of us and don't feel Justin tapping my shoulder.

He takes off my headphones. "Earth to Noah. Tiff wants to say hi," Justin says laughing.

I take the phone and see it's on Facetime.

"Hey," giving her a smile.

"Hey yourself. I wanted to wish you good luck tonight and I'll be watching as always with Lil," she says.

"Thanks, I'll score one for you," giving her a playful wink.

"You better Rollins. We don't pay you the big bucks to sit on the bench and look pretty," she says joking with me.

"Thanks, I'll give you back to lover boy now," reluctantly handing the phone back to Justin.

I hear them say goodbye and he hangs up. We grab a bite to eat and head out to the arena for the pregame skate.