Confession

Wholly fuck what just happened?  I sit back down on the couch and replay over in my mind that kiss with Tiff.

It started with me wanting to hurt Anslee the way she had hurt me and I took Tiff along for the ride, but when I kissed her it felt like every woman I ever kissed before was so wrong.

I felt her stiffen when our lips first touched, but she loosened up and kissed me back.  I felt the passion behind the kiss and it made me feel something I have never felt with anyone else.

For my liking the kiss ended too soon and I could see the panic in her eyes when she pulled back.  I wanted to pull her back and do it again.

When I went to talk about what happened, Tiff fled as if the house was on fire and made some excuse about needing to get my clothes.  Hell I don't think Anslee will be going back to my place after that display.

Did she not feel what I felt when we kissed?  I have to talk to her when she gets back.  I need to know that she felt it too.

I head upstairs and jump in the shower.  Cleaning up and getting dressed in my clothes I make Tiff's bed and try my best not to snoop through her stuff.

Curiosity gets the better of me and I open her nightstand.  I look around in the drawer and find a trashy romance novel, glasses, some body lotion, box of condoms and I smirk to myself.  At least she is being safe, but why does it bother me a little that she is possibly sleeping with someone. 

I dig a little further and find a picture of us.  It is back when I got drafted and signed with the Red Wings.  I smile at it and look at how young we were.  I was 18 and starting my NHL and she was 18 and going off the school to start her career.  I turn it over and see the date written and our names.  Mine has a heart around it.

I put the picture back and I hear the front door open and Tiff come inside.

I walk down the stairs and smile. 

She looks at me and I think I see a hint of blush creep up on her cheeks.

"I got you some clothes and you'll be happy to know that Anslee's stuff is all out of your house," she says handing me the suitcase.

"Thanks I really appreciate everything," taking the suitcase and putting it down.

She goes to walk into the kitchen and I grab her wrist.

"Can we please talk now about what happened?" I ask her.

"No, I told you there is nothing to talk about.  We kissed and I know it didn't mean anything more than trying to make Anslee jealous."

"So you didn't feel anything when we kissed?"

I look at her and desperately want her to tell me she felt something like I did.

"What do you want me to say No?" she says looking at me.

"I want you to tell me the truth, because I know you felt something."

"I.." she starts to say something, but gets cut off by the door bell.

"I have to get this," she says.

I watch her walk to the door and open.  There stands Justin with a bouquet of Lily's and Tiff smiles.

"Hey I hope I am not too early, but I kind of was really excited for our date," he says.

"No that's fine.  Come in. I just have to go and quickly change," she says.

I instantly want to rip Justin's head off and push him back out that door.