Lost in this Moment

Hockey season flew by this year. I don't know if it was because I was so busy with my new job as GM or it was because I was marrying my very best friend and true love.

We didn't win the cup like I'd hoped, but we came damn close and now we have something to build on for the next season.

Tony and Gerry were very happy with how I ran the team and the trades that I had made to make the team stronger. As an early wedding present to Noah and I, they gave us an all expense paid honeymoon to Hawaii. Private villa, their private jet to get us there, the works.

First though, Noah and I had to get hitched and it was coming up very fast. By the time the playoffs and the Stanley Cup finals were done, there was only a week until the big day.

True to his word, Noah kept the guest list to close family and friends only. His sponsors weren't very happy about not getting invited, but frankly I didn't care.

We didn't need their money and they needed Noah more than he needed him.

I had been taking self defence classes and working out non stop since what happened at the jail. I wasn't going to be a sitting duck for Anslee. I also learned how to shoot a gun and got my firearms licsence and a carry permit.

I am not a fan of guns and if I had a choice I would not have one sitting in a lock box under our bed right now, but it made me feel somewhat safe.

Anslee's deal was for 15 years for attempted murder, but with good behavior she could be out in 8. I was betting on 8 because I saw how well she could manipulate people.

On the night of my batchlorette party, Lil and all the wives and girlfriends of the players took me out bar hopping. Lil really wanted to take me to Vegas to the Magic Mike show, but I told Noah no strippers, so that meant me too.

We went out bar hopping and had a blast. Of course I had the penis necklace, the shash that said Bride and a rather large vibrator I had to carry around and tell everyone this is what Noah's junk looked like.

It was the best night and I had so much fun. By the time I got home that night Noah was waiting on the stairs and had to help me to bed.

I tried my best to do a sexy strip tease for him, but it just looked more like a drunk woman trying to get out of her clothes.

The night before the wedding, I slept a Lil's and she cried a little when she told me how she always knew Noah and I would find our way to one another.

I hugged her and thanked her so much for all the support through out the years. She made me go to bed early because lord knows that we were getting up early.

I woke up the next morning and smiled. Today I got to marry Noah Rollins. Never in a million years did I ever think I would be saying that.

I jumped into the shower and let the water run down my body and try to calm all my nerves. I got out and dried off and put on the Bride robe Lil had gotten for me. Before I knew it my mom and Noah's mom were at Lil's and we all started to get ready.

The hair stylist and the make up artist arrived and did up Lil first and the sat me down and did my hair and make up. When they were finished I didn't recognize myself. My mom had tears in her eyes when she saw me.

"My little girl is so grown up," she said smiling.

"Mom, you cannot make me cry. Liz over there will kill me and then you," I say laughing.

I went into the spare room and took out my wedding dress. My mom helped me put it on and I turned around and looked in the mirror.

It fir me perfectly. All the self defence classes and working out at the gym had helped me lose some weight and tone up. I was finally at the point where I liked my body.