Why?

"What's its going to be?" I ask her looking into those eyes that I know want to say yes.

Tiff swallows and opens her mouth to speak to me and then it happens. Her damn phone goes off and she moves to go and get it.

"Leave it," I say in more of a begging tone then I would like, but at this moment I don't care.

"I have to get it No. It's probably work," she says sitting up and reaching for her phone.

I sit back on the couch and try to calm myself down. I grab my glass of water and drink it fast. Trying to extinguish the heat that I am feeling all over my body.

I watch as she answers and then gets up and walks into the kitchen. I can hear her talking low and I just assume it's work related and something that she has to keep confidential.

I sit there and aimlessly scroll through the tv. I settle on a hockey game between Carolina and Toronto. Sitting there and trying to pay attention and just waiting for Tiff to come back in and hopefully pick up where we left off.

As if on cue, she walks back in and sits on the other end of the couch. About just as far away from me as possible and starts to watch the game.

"Every thing okay?"

"Hmm," she says looking over at me.

"I asked if every thing was okay? You got really quiet all of a sudden>"

"Yeah every thing is okay."

I don't believe her at all as she gets this little crease in her forehead when she is thinking too hard about something.

"You can tell me. I happen to be a good listener," I say moving a little closer to her.

She looks at me and moves back a little and now I am really starting to get confused. Is she scared of me? Did I go to far with what just happened? Do I smell? I can't seem to figure an of this out and Tiff looks sad as hell.

"You have to stop coming so close No," she says.

"Did I do something wrong? I am really sorry if I did Tiff. I didn't mean to push too far. I just thought you wanted me too as much as I wanted too."

A lone tear falls down her cheek and she quickly wipes it away. "It's not your fault. I wanted you too. I wanted you to do all those things you told me, but I got caught up in a moment and I can't."

"Who was on the phone Tiff?" I ask.

"Justin. He sounded so happy about our date tomorrow and I lied to him and told him I was at home because I didn't want to hurt him by telling him I was here. I am a terrible person, I am not this person to lie to someone, but I did. Fuck, look what I almost did with you. How am I any different than Anslee," she says getting really upset.

"First don't ever compare yourself to her. You are nothing like her and never will be. You are one million times better than she will ever be. Secondly, this is all my fault. I am sorry about what I said. I meant every word of it, but I shouldn't have put you in that position to lie to Justin."

"I have to be straight with him before we can do anything. I need him to know that I want to see you as well. Fuck, this was so much easier when I didn't know how you felt," she says cracking a little smile.

"I had to take my shot before it was too late and you and Justin turned serious. I am not going to lie, I am super jealous you two have a date tomorrow, but Saturday night after our afternoon game we are going on a date. I'll talk to Justin and let him know his head start is done. I have too much ground to make up," I say smiling.