Chapter seven✔️

Andy Anders

We drive in silence all the way to my apartment. I try to make conversation by saying some snarking remarks but he just ignores me completely.

Fine. Fuck him.

I look out the window the majority of the silent ride. It's dark outside and all I see are the street lights zoom by.

I take the chance by glancing at Nick to see his focus on the road. Looking over his body I see that he's tense. His left hand gripping the steering wheel so tight that his knuckles are turning white while his right hand is shifting the gears. The muscles in his jaw is tight as he grinds his teeth. He looks mad.

"You're mad." I state.

He gives me a quick glance before focusing back on the road.

"At my son, yes."

I him and turn back to face the front and hum. "Good. He's an asshole."

I can hear Nick sigh after I said that and says, "He didn't mean anything by it, Andy. He didn't know what he was saying."

"If you say so." Is all I say. I notice that Nick is going the correct direction towards my apartment when I see the diner I usually go to.

"You remember where I live?" I ask looking at him.

We stop at a red light and he looks toward me with a nod. "I took you home before not so long ago, of course I remember."

"Hmm," I say. "I just thought your tendency to remember things are kind of foggy considering you keep forgetting to fix my car."

I know it's only been a couple of days but come on now I'm dying with my car. I've been spending a shit ton of money on Uber recently and it's really draining my bank account.

"You do realize that it takes more then four days to fix a car. In plus, it's just me having to deal with your car."

My brows furrow at what he said. "Your son doesn't help you?" 

He scoffs and starts driving again once the light turned green.

"He barely even takes care if his own car."

Wow his son is an even bigger ass than I thought. A thought popped in my head and a smile grew on my face.

"I'll help."

Nick turns to me with a questionable look.

"I don't think so."

I roll my eyes and start pulling my hair into a ponytail.

"Oh please, I know enough about cars to get by. It's time I learn to how fix them." Pulling my hair up high until it's at the back of my head, I pull out my hair tie and start tying up my hair.

"It'll be fun." I face him again to see him already looking at me.

We finally make it to my apartment and Nick parks in a spot in front of it.