Chapter fourteen✔️

Andy Anders

I'm looking at myself in mirror as I get ready for the thing that my parents are making me go to. Looking down my body, I admire the way the black gown fits it perfectly. It's a tight dress that falls down to my feet with a high slight on the left side to show off my toned, tan leg. My heels are black to match my dress and I add a silver necklace with the letter A on it for my name. My makeup is simple except for my bright red lipstick that I decided to add last minute. I straightened my hair and parted it in the middle so it would look slick and perfect. Just they way my parents would like it.

I hate dressing up. I never felt like me whenever I had to wear such nice things. But growing up in the household that I grew up in, I had no choice but to wear what my parents made me wear. I guess that's why I'm so fucked up right now.

My mother texted me saying that someone will be coming to pick me up so as I wait, I sit down on my bed and start scrolling through my phone. My thumbs ends up hovering over Nick's contact and I considered blocking him but decided against it. I haven't seen or heard from him since I was on my hands and knees in his office. He couldn't even look at me after what happened. It hurt. I never get hurt but fuck that shit really messed with me. I had to leave because I started feeling my eye well up with tears.

God what the fuck is wrong with me? I've had plenty of one night stands but I honestly thought that maybe it would've been different with him. I guess not.

I hear a honk outside my apartment and I quickly grab my things before closing and locking my door and making my way to the blacked out Cadillac parked on the curb. I'm about to get into the backseat when the man in the drivers seat steps out. I freeze when I see who it is.

"Dominic what the fuck are you doing here?" I snap, stepping back when he starts to approach me.

"Your mother asked me to pick you up." He smiles going for a hug but I push him away.

"What do you mean my mother asked you to pick me up?" I demand.

He shrugs and leans against the car. "I had brunch with her the other day and I offered."

What?

"You talked to her? Why?"

"I go to see your parents every week. They love me." The smirk on his face makes me feel uneasy.

"No way. I'm not getting in that car with you!" I turn to start walking away but he calls out for me.

"What!" I yell but then I see what he's holding in his hand and I freeze.

"Want some, baby?" He shakes the small bag of white powder and my eyes start to follow each shake. I haven't had any since I broken up with him. I almost forgot how good it made me feel. I want to say 'fuck you' and call a cab but my legs have a mind of their own as I walk up to him to get into the car. He leans down to kiss my head and I flinch and quickly close the door.

There's a tray already on the console with white lines and a rolled up hundred dollar bill. I look up when I hear him getting into the drivers side and he nods for me to have some. I don't waste anytime grabbing the rolled up bill and sniffing a line. I tilt my head up and close my eyes. My eyes water a bit when I open them and he grabs the back of my neck and pulls my head closer to the tray, silently demanding I take another line, which I do.