Chapter ten✔️

Nick Shepard

"Get in the car."

Andy quickly nods her head and I take her hand dragging her towards my mustang.

We hop in and I don't even look to make sure that she's wearing a seatbelt before I'm driving out of the area.

It's been months, maybe even a year since one of my races have been busted. I don't know who the fuck snitched but it really pisses me off considering that I'm the one who plans all this shit.

I'm honking at everyone blocking my car and they part like the red fucking sea as I zoom past them.

The cops know that I'm the one who plans these races so they're probably gonna be looking for me.

Thankfully they don't know what my car looks like.

I take the sharp turn easily, drifting around the corner while I switch gears. I see from my peripheral that Andy grabbed onto the console and dashboard to keep herself up since she still hasn't put on her seatbelt.

"Put on your seatbelt, Andy." I tell her as I switch gears again and drive past cars on the busy road. I look towards my rear view mirror and see a cop car chasing after me.

Shit.

I press my foot harder on the gas and take another sharp right turn past the red light.

Andy still hadn't put on her seatbelt.

"Andy!" I look to her.

"What!"

"Put on your fucking seatbelt!"

"You put on yours!" She yells back but puts on her seatbelt anyway.

I continue driving trying to get rid of the cop car chasing us. Swerving past all the cars in my way. Once I see that they're far behind, I cut off the person to my left and turn into an alley. Slamming on the breaks, I switch the car into reverse and drive back between two buildings where I know the big trash bin will block my car. Putting the car in park, I lean back into my seat and sigh.

There's a long moment of silence and I run my hand through my hair, thinking.

A laugh brings me back to reality and I look to Andy to see her just laughing.

"Something fucking funny? You were almost arrested!"

"Yeah," She takes a breath between laughs and looks to me, "almost."

Her laughter dies down a bit but she's still breathing heavy and honestly, so am I. I was just being chased by a fucking cop. That hasn't happened to me since I was in my twenties.

"That was exciting, yet scary." She says once her breaths have calmed down.

"Exciting?" I glare at her. "That wasn't exciting, if we would've been caught then we'd both be in the back of a cop car right now."

She rolls her eyes and looks ahead of her. "You need to have more fun, Nick. Grumpiness doesn't look good on you."

"Maybe if you weren't so stupid we wouldn't have been chased in the first place. I bet it was the same cop that you flashed that was chasing us down."