Chapter twenty-six✔️

Andy Anders

Two weeks has passed and tomorrow is the day that I'll will be going to court. Right before New Years. Last week I met with Andrew again who will be my lawyer during all this. He's already contacted Dominic saying that I will be pressing charges on him and that he needs to contact his lawyer. I haven't spoken to Dominic since the incident. Not because I don't want to talk to him, but because Andrew said that it could jeopardize the case that I want to put on him.

Nick has been by my side through everything. I couldn't he more grateful for this man. I've been staying with him for the past three weeks. I now have to wake up earlier if I want to make it to my classes in time but I don't mind at all. I love going to sleep and waking up next to the man I love.

We haven't seen or heard from Jace in two weeks. I talked to Mike to ask if he's heard from him and all he said was that he's taking some time to process everything. I understood that Jace had a little crush on me but I didn't expect for him to be this mad about everything. I guess some people have a way of handling certain things.

Nicks at the shop so I'm home alone right now. I decided to cook something up for when Nick gets back later on tonight. I can't cook to save my life, but I want to try for him. Pulling out pots and pans to make some Lasagna, I hear a knock at the front door.

Walking around the kitchen island, I walk down the narrow hall until I'm at the door. Opening it, a small gasp leaves my lips and my eyes widen.

"Mom?"

My mother stands in front of me with a kind smile on her face. I've never seen her aim that smile towards me before. It's making me uncomfortable.

"Hello, sweetheart."

I cross my arms over my chest and lean against the doorframe. "What are you doing here? How did you know I was even here?"

She sighs and starts messing with the glasses that she's wearing.

"May I come in?" She asks softly.

"No."

Another sighs leaves her lips and she looks down in defeat.

"Please, Andrea. I would like to start over." She pleads. When she looks up I actually see tears forming in her eyes. It catches me off guard. I move to the side to gesture for her to come in and she sends me a small smile before walking past me.

I close the door and lead her to the living room and we both side on opposite sides of the couch.

"So..." I gesture for her to speak.

My mother clears her throat before looking at him. "I would like to apologize for everything your father and I have done to you."

She absently plays with her ring finger and I look down to see that she's no longer wearing her wedding ring.

"What's going on?" I start to shift in my seat.

"Your father and I separated last week." She tells me and my mouth parts but no words came out. They divorced? Why?

"Why did you guys separate?"