Chapter I

The Battle of Marathon 420 BC

"Druig!"

I will kill him when we get back to the village, she thought.

"Druig, move, you're wasting time!"

"I'm helping your people, you should be more grateful!" he yelled back, throwing his hands into the air.

Persia groaned harshly, just being able to stop herself to turn and run towards him.
She watched as his eyes started glowing yellow faintly, the army before him stiffening.

Dropping their weapons.
Choking off their battle cries.

Wind swooshed past her face, whirling up the sand which slashed her face. Her eyes fluttered close, the hot air burning her skin.

Her anger was stirring up.

Someone tapped her shoulder, blinking away the pain to look at Makkari.

More are on the way, she signed, her chest rising heavily.

Persia nodded and pulled her hair out of her face but turned away just in time to avoid the sand to sting her eyes again as the girl ran away.

Her ears picked up a screech.

A gasp filled her lungs, eyes darting towards the persian army that walked away.
Her sight wandered to something behind them.

She moved again, swiftly through the crowd aimed at the huge Deviant building itself up, reaching above all the buildings around it with it's height.

"Looks like I won't get the easy way today." she whispered, clenching her teeth while ripping a piece off her tunic which was annoyingly grazing her legs.

Her speed increased, trying to find a way past the people behind the Deviant.

Over and over again she tried to yell at Druig to hurry up with bringing the people to safety, but her heavy breathing made her unable to.

Persia finally reached the spot she had been heading for, dropping to her knees and pushing her hand into the heat absorbed floor.
Her fingers dug between the sand, eyes trying to find the beast again.

Pondering breaths made her chest erupt, the earth beneath her starting to shake.

Finally, she spotted the Deviant reaching his head into the crowd.
Her mind rushed to its core, it's balance point.
A veil of black smoke stood from her body when she allowed her mind to let loose.
A thud.
A scream.

Persia inhaled a sharp breath as she watched the Deviant collapse along with all the buildings around it.

She ran for it, brushing past the ruins she had created. Her heart was pounding in her chest.

Too much. She let loose too much.

The world around her grew louder and louder until she had to cover her ears.

Makkari was right, she thought when her eyes wandered along the terrain around her.

Deviants, and so many of them.
She counted. Five, then another five. Then another ten.

And there were so many people around.
She caught sight of every single Eternal but Druig.

The one they needed most at that moment.

Persia reached the collapsed Deviant, reaching down for the ground to eliminate the corpse forever.
Her eyes glued to the being, dipping her head to the side slightly.

"What are you waiting for?"

She jerked back, having to support her body with her other hand to not lose her balance.
"I was checking for no one to be around to hurt."
Her tongue ran along her teeth as she turned to look at him.
"Which I wouldn't have to do if you did your job correctly."