Chapter XIII

"...𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝..."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

The Amazon.
It truly was a beautiful place.

Faint chatter, the birds singing light tunes along with the sun touching nature softly.
But it would have been more beautiful if Persia hadn't been so exhausted.

She knew Druig stayed here, solely because of her instinct guiding her.
His energy was imprinted on her skin, her heart.

It made her sick, all those years.

But following that energy back to its source, although it was so centered, took her last bit of energy left.

Her vision was a little blurry, when her eyes spotted lights.

The others walked in front of her, and she stayed back.
They'd occasionally turn back to make sure they still were on the right path.

Persia took a breath.
"We're here."

"This?" Kingo questioned as they reached the first taverns, "he's living in the middle of nowhere?"

"Oh, look!" Maya shouted and tugged at Persia's sleeve, "Lamas!"
Persia smiled, greeted a few people who came across their way.

They weren't phased by a few strangers showing up at all.
Welcoming, rather.
She turned around herself in her spot, allowing her eyes to take in the sight of the village.
It felt so peaceful.
Air so clear.

Of course it was, Druig wouldn't tolerate any different if he was still the boy she knew him as.

"It's very nice here sir." Karun said, his camera still sitting in his hand.
"Don't be fooled," Kingo replied, hesitantly putting one foot in front of the other.
"Ignorance is bliss."

The hair on Persia's neck stood, her fingers twitching without her asking them to.

She abruptly turned to where the energy came from.
Sprite stood opposite a man, his eyes glowing in that creeping yellow.
"Hello Sprite."

Unwillingly, Persia pulled Maya back towards her.

Her eyes shot towards the biggest cabin, pale wood running as beams, creaking metal as the doors opened outwards.

Persia swallowed, bit down on her tongue.
She had no clue whether she wanted to turn around or burn him to the bones.

But her feet still carried her around the water fountain, until the eternals were assembled in front of the door.
When she turned to follow the other steps which her ears picked up on in a rhythmic pattern, the whole village aligned themselves behind her.

She couldn't believe it.
But she was certain.
It was him.

He stepped out of the door, placing his hands behind his back.

His chin raised high, posture straightened.
A slight curl to his lip.
Still that dark hair, but it sat more neat than it did centuries ago.