alternative ending

note: hello everyone !
I wrote this story a while ago and have been receiving an incredible amount of love!
So in honor of Eternals finally being streamed on disney plus, I'm giving you an alternative ending which i would have written if Persia's and Druig's story would have ended after this book.

This is set just right after the big fight in the first part of Chapter XXIII.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Persia took sluggish and uncoordinated steps, the gravel crunching under her dragging weight.
Without the support of Sersi to her side, she would have rolled herself into a ball and cowered like that for hours.

It all happened so fast, yet, the moment went on for too long that she thought it was simply to torture her torn mind.

She didn't even notice how Sersi said something, tilting her on her shoulder to look at the woman with watering eyes.
"Sorry, could you say that again?"

Sersi looked over, let her parted mouth shut and gave a weak smile back, "Close your eyes for a bit, the sun is exhausting."

Persia obeyed, the stinging behind her lids relaxing as she nodded for Sersi to go on.

"I just said that we need to get you to rest, all that-" her voice choked off, Persia feeling the hitch in her chest, "The domo is not far, we will take care of your injuries."

Persia hummed in reply, a tugging of the corners of her lips indicating a crooked smile which strained her sore skin, "I hope so, would be a shame if not."

Sersi chuckled just a little, but that made Persia's heart warmer by a lot.
She needed that.

As the mountain fell, Persia noted the shift in energy along with the steep hill.
Her family was just down there.

Because of her impatience, she peaked her eyes open and gazed down through thin slits. Before her vision fully focused, a figure appeared along with a whole lot of spinning energy.

A hand crawling over her back, the other shoulder lifting and giving her a moment to exhale.
Makkari to her side was burning, still so jumpy and restless.

Persia laid her head over on her shoulder, an act of silent comfort from both sides.
Persia needed the closeness, Makkari the reassurance.

Sersi lifted her free arm, waving as they finally reached the bottom where they let her down to the ground.

Persia hissed a breath and dropped her heavy head forward, trying to regain the balance she lacked.
The world still spun.

A hand to her body startled her, blinking up at Phastos who approached her gently.

"I'm not fragile." she huffed trying to mock him but the way her face twisted gave her away.

Phastos still smiled and held out his hand in front of her, "Of course you're not, but you look horrible."

"I appreciate that." Persia slid her charred hand into his hold, pressing her teeth on top of each other to ignore the stinging pain which slowly replaced the rushing adrenaline, "You yourself look pretty- done with this. How about I tell your son about his exemplary, calm dad?"

He raised his brows, "You're big talk for what you just pulled off. What happened?"

Persia's expression fell, until all that way left was the cold which sat in her chest.
She would've also liked to know what happened, all of it.

"Can we do that later?" she distracted, glancing over his shoulder as Thena came closer, before meeting Phastos' eyes again, "It's just- I have no idea, Phastos. Something's wrong with my energy and my origin, I just can't quite figure out what. Haven't had the time to think about that."