Chapter XV

"...𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞..."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Honestly, with that much stress Persia was wondering why her hair hadn't turned completely white yet.

Feet colliding with the ground, the wind snatching against her skin, slashing down her throat.

She lost sight of Druig when she heard that scream, and had not even the slightest clue where he went.
Maybe he stayed back.
Watching the fight unfold from a safe distance.

When she finally reached the village again, chaos raged through it.

Fire blazed and consumed the woods, taking down taverns left and right.
Persia was barely able to dodge a ball of energy which Kingo sent past her head.

"Hey, watch it!" she yelled, shoving herself past the ruins.
Kingo didn't take his eyes off of the scattered Deviant, still shooting at them.

"I am trying!" he shouted, creating a bigger blast and sending it towards a building.

She crouched to the earth, let her energy slip into the ground. Her eyes were focused on a Deviant heading directly towards them.

Then Persia noticed the people running around, screaming. One being attacked by a Deviant.

"Kingo take this one!" she yelped, pushing herself from the ground.
The black energy lifted, shot back into her body with a buzz.

She almost slipped, the claws of the Deviant pushing into the soil where she had just sat a second ago.

The man turned and shot two blasts right at its head, causing it to turn in confusion.

No damage at all.

"Not good." Persia whispered under her breath.

"Persia, you're supposed to help me!" Kingo laughed, but unintentionally made it sound much more desperate than that.

"I can't with all these people around!"

Persia spotted Sersi attempting to help the villagers out of danger, but there were just too many of them.
"Where are the others?"

He threw another blast past their heads, knocking a Deviant ten feet away.
"I don't know!"

She flipped back around to Kingo, who was breathing heavily.
"You can deal with this on your own, can you?"

"Wait, no-"

Persia was already heading towards Sersi, gripping at her shoulder.
The woman flipped around, eyes widened.
"Hey, hey it's me."

Sersi exhaled, "gather the people up, we need to get them to safety."

Persia nodded, gritted her teeth and went to the people near here and brought them to the considerably more safe places.

"Persia, bring them to this hut!"

She looked around her, wondering if she could try something.
Her hands rose into the air, fingers flexing. Then she turned her wrists, black threats flushing out of them.

They connected to every person she saw, screams choked off.
Persia held her breath, focused on their minds.

Pathing through their fear, making them solely concentrate on her.

Without hesitation, every single one of them started running towards Sersi, who closed the door off behind them.

She put her fingers against the wood, turning it into something more durable.