Chapter XXIII

"I am sitting in the seat of justice, watching you closely. Your destiny is in your hands, your future will be determined by your own.

What happens if you turn against me, will tear you worse than anything ever could."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

A shrill sound wheezed from her nose, her hands starting to shake.
She felt how energy collected, tangled in her grip. It darkened her expression.

Before she could even move, Makkari rushed up to Ikaris, grabbed him and smashed him into a rock, back colliding with a boulder.

She dragged him out of reach, but Persia could still see how Makkari let his body crash into another hill.

Waves of sound vibrated in their ears, the hair on their bodies standing as they watched gold flicker in the horizon.

Persia whimpered a screeching tone, grasped at her chest as it started tightening.
"He lied to me."

"Persia, he knew." Phastos spoke up, trying to walk up to her.
"He knew about the Emergence."

His fingers reached out for her, trying to touch her when energy gushed from every pore of her skin.

Phastos froze, hand pulling back.

The power was pure black, so thick that her vision went blurry at the corners, another whimper causing her lip to quiver.

"Persia, listen to me." Thena tapped forward, grabbing her wrist through the thick smoke surrounding her.

"This is my fault." the girl heaved, skin heating up to the point that she thought she was burning.

She tried reaching Druig again.
But she felt nothing.

"No, it's not." Thena still held onto her wrist, increasing the pressure to gain her attention.
"Hey."

Suddenly her hands placed to her cheeks, staring back at the black shot eyes of her.
"Collect yourself. Remember, come on."

Her body cramped, feeling for Thena's hands and enclosing them with hers, head manically shaking from side to side.

Her face swam apart, unable to piece it together.

An explosion broke the sky, red shooting up before it all bubbled down the earth.
It looked like blood, steaming blood consuming the planet as it rumbled.

A wall of lighting smoke raged up, then crashed down the earth and tearing down without mercy.

The lava sped down the hills, slithering past anything and everything in its way.

The world was ending.
Because she was too fucking stupid to think.

A laugh shook Persia's being, but it sounded as if she was gasping for air.
Which she was, in a way.

That feeling of inhaling smoke, the needed oxygen not even reaching her lungs.

Control pulled back, she fell down to her knees as she desperately tried getting to it.
It slipped from her hands like glass, just inches before it shattered.

She was trying to make the feeling fade, loosened her clenched hand and dug it into her scalp.

"I told you, child. Nothing would stop me."
She hit herself with her fist, a nauseating feeling expanding in her head.

"Come on, Persia!" Sersi screamed helplessly, looking up to the sky as the lava started raining down on them.

Druig, he was gone.
He fucking died on her before she could even move a finger.