Chapter IV

Druig stared down at her limp body, her clenched hand slowly relaxing until they dropped next to her, falling out of his grip.

His breathing was heavy, the air stood with the veil of her power.

Their surroundings were prickling, like it was about to set off into an explosion.

Slowly, it went away.

He kneeled down to the floor, putting her onto the cold ground, allowing one of his hands to move to the back of her head, supporting it.

Persia's face muscles were tense, eyes barely closed. The white of her pupils was showing.

Her breathing was so flat he could have sworn she was fighting for her life.

No one heard him when he yelled, the others were way too far away.
He couldn't just leave her here while he searched for the others, right?

One of his hands rushed to his chest, feeling for his heartbeat.
His fingers were tingling where he felt.
It was threatening to jump out of his body, forcing himself to look back down at Persia in between his heavy heaps for air.

He had put her to sleep.
Used his mind control on her.

He had promised himself to never do that to another eternal.
He didn't even know he could use it on another eternal.

Druig stared, trying to read between Persia's features.
It was cold, he felt her temperature drop rapidly at the base of her neck.

The boy sighted, then placed his other arm under her legs and softly lifted her off the ground.
His eyes found her face, loosening one of his hands to brush her hair from her forehead.

„God, you're sweating." He laughed,
„I will blame you for drooling on my clothes when you wake up."
His face fell into itself when he didn't get a reply.

Instead, his jaw clenched shut and he started walking with a quick pace back to their taverns.

—-

His knock was messy and with way too much force, but when Phastos opened, he brushed past him instantly.

„Please make some space, she's heavier than she looks." he breathed, ignoring the concerned stares.
Sprite and Kingo got up.
Questions all around him.

„Could someone get Ajak." he demanded, looking around the room as he put her down on a creaking bed.
Makkari rushed out immediately after Kingo translated for her.

„How did she pass out?"
„She didn't." Deuig replied to Phastos, who had moved to her side and tested for her pulse, „I put her to sleep."

Kingo walked up behind him and ripped his shoulder back, „You did what?"

„Did you guys fight again?" Sprite questioned angrily, pushing her chin outward.
„I didn't think you would go that far, Druig."

Druig scoffed, ran a hand across his forehead.
„We might not stand each other, but I would never harm her like that."

„You constantly bring her into danger, I wouldn't be surprised if you tried to get rid of her."
Druig was at loss for words.

„This is not the time or place." Phastos lectured, still examining Persia. Druig felt his heart set out a beat,„she's not doing good, we need Ajak."

Just like on cue, Makkari came in with Ajak at her side.

„I want everyone out."

Everyone moved, Phastos whispering something in Ajak's ear. Her eyes darkened.