Chapter XII

"𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞..."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

They all sat around a table, which was meant for no more than three people but somehow managed to all squeeze into a spot.

All of the eternals, including their human guests, were gushing over the food.

And the bread, of course.

They ate like they had been starving for days, but it was understandable.
Gilgamesh was incredible at cooking as he had always been. His food was mouthwatering.
"Is this what you guys eat everyday?"
Kingo questioned, speaking with a full mouth.
"Yeah, this is amazing."

"Thank you, Gil."
Ikaris said, looking up at the proud man.

"Oh, you're welcome."
He smiled, glancing over at the others.
"Help yourself."

It was moments like these she had missed.

He jolted around the table, grabbing something from a cabin.
"What's that?" Persia questioned, taking another bite from her bread.

"This one is a true wine delicacy, made for the soldiers of the battle of Troy." He put the fancy looking bottle up, patting a hand to Karun's shoulder who said something.

Oh, Persia knew that liquid and she scrunched her nose at the thought of it.

When Gil passed Kingo, he pulled him toward him and whispered something.
"Should she be drinking?", pointing towards Thena, who gave them a stare as she took a sip from her drink.

Gilgamesh whispered something back which Persia didn't catch.
Kingo set a smile on his face and directed himself towards Thena, before nervously turning back to his food.

"Can I try that too?" Maya asked, her face stuffed with the meat that was served.
Gilgamesh was about to hand her the bottle, but Persia put a hand out.
"On, no way."

"What, why?!" Maya pouted, putting her hands up defensively.

"You can't handle any alcohol." Persia scoffed and crossed her arms in front of her chest.
"I won't carry you, passed out, out of here like we did on the plane."

"Hey, we talked about that!" Maya exclaimed, her voice going higher,
"I was tired, that's why I fell asleep."

"You fell asleep, on a private plane, after drinking like six shots, after meeting a movie star?"
Kingo proudly bowed as Persia spoke.

"Well, yes.." Maya argued.

"Give in, we all saw it." Sersi smiled at Maya, whose cheeks were colored a red shade by then.

"I gave you the same thing, Sprite." Gilgamesh laughed.
"I am just kidding," he added, Persia watching amused as Sprite flicked her wrist and-
"yours is a secret brew Odin taught me as a baby..."

No one could properly understand him anymore, his words were swallowed by their loud laughter.

The fearsome Gilgamesh-
standing in a cutesy pink baby romper.

The man finally noticed, giving a sarcastic laugh.
"Oh, I'm a big baby, very mature."
He somehow found a way to make fun of Sprite while looking like a gigantic toddler.
"Can you stop?"

Sprite dropped the illusion with her chin up in the air, declaring her truce with a simple nod.

"Speaking of Odin, Thor used to follow me around when I was a little kid. Now he's a famous avenger and won't return my calls." Kingo said, taking a taste of wine.