Chapter VIII

(warning!
implied abuse and hinting towards sa, if you wish to skip it, i will be summarizing this chapter at the end. this chapter also isn't entirely relevant for the plot, it will just cause some confusion without context later on)

Somewhere in a small village near
London,
1993

"I'm home."
Persia called through the empty halls, dropping her keys onto the cabin. She brushed off her shoes, then trailed her hands over her face, letting go of an exhausted breath.

„You're home." she heard steps along the floor, until her eyes caught sight of him.
A tired smile covered her face.

He returned it.
His arms opened as she toddled over to him and hugged him.

„I missed you, Per."
„Missed you too, Gray."

He gently pushed her away and rubbed her arms with a pitiful expression. „Are you alright?"
„Yeah," she exhaled after a short pause, „I'm just really-"

„I know exactly what would cheer you up."
he cut her off, pulling her in my her shirt to meet his lips. She returned the kiss, but her body stiffened as his hands enclosed her forearms.

When he allowed her a moment to breathe, she pulled her head back.
„I'm sure that'd be lovely. But I just really want to go to bed-"

She stopped when he shoved her away, making her stumble backwards. Her hand caught her on the edge of the cabin before she lost her balance.
Gray puffed, turning around to leave.

„No, Gray. I didn't mean it like that-"

„Then how did you mean it, Per? Do you even love me anymore?"

She tripped over her words trying to find an answer, which he noticed.
„It's alright, just be honest with me."

„I do love you."
she spoke, walking towards him. She curled her lips generously.
He didn't step away when she placed her hand against his chest.

„I love you Gray."

He didn't respond. Persia felt his heart pounding between the tips of her fingers.
Sweat started forming on her skin, her hands beginning to heat.
She grew more nervous with every second that passed in silence.

„Gray." she whispered desperately, taking another step closer. Her lips placed a kiss on the corner of his.
Without warning, his hands shot up and grabbed her by the hips, pulling her towards him to close the distance.
Persia winced against his mouth when he applied pressure to a bruise on her side, but swallowed the pain down her throat.

You know you want this." he breathed into her mouth.
„I do." she replied, half minded. Her head was pounding.

He trailed messy kisses down her mouth and neck, his hands going about her body without destination.
She flinched, he thought she was whimpering in pleasure.
The pain expanded in her head, thinking clear was suddenly no longer accessible.
Persia concentrated on following his movement, yet couldn't feel it anymore.
She could see it, but her skin turned numb.

Her hand pushed him back, the distance finally giving her air to breath.
Gray stared in shock, his breathing almost as heavy as hers.
He furrowed his brows in anger, the veins pushing from his arms as his hands clenched shut.