Chapter XXI

"This is a chance, a hand I'm reaching out to you, my dear.
Take it, and you get to keep all you desire to.
Turn away, and hell will rain about you in the worst way you could ever imagine it to."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Persia cursed under her breath as she finally reached the fifth floor, almost colliding with the ground because she couldn't watch her feet.

She went up to the room, wanting to knock when she realized that Druig was sleeping.
And shouldn't know that she left.

Energy chipped from her, a small threat of gold and black rushing out of her finger pads.
Her eyes thinned, lowering her hand above the lock.
The energy sept through, then a click resounded.

The door fell open and Persia huffed an impressed sound.
Didn't know she could do that.

Cold mixed with warmth, the red tip of her nose aching.

She carried herself to the room, catching sight of the sleeping boy.
"Hey." Persia whispered, lowering herself to rub along his arm.

Druig groaned an annoyed breath and turned to the side, brushing her hand off.

"Come on, we have to go." she shook him a little until he peaked his eyes open.

"No." he protested, closing his eyes again.

"Sersi called." she lied through gritted teeth, watching through the window.
"We need to leave."

"You talked to Sersi?" he questioned, slurring his words until they were barely audible.
But then he pushed himself up.

Persia gave him a smile, giving his shoulder a pat. "I did, now get your ass up."

"Yes ma'am." he responded, rubbing his eyes before sweeping the blanket off of him. "What's our destiny, my love?"

A jolt deep in her stomach made her heart jump at the name.

"Iraq," she curled the corners of her mouth up unintentionally.
But a cloudiness didn't leave her mind.

"It's time to reunite with our favorite speedster."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Wind whirled up from the tires of the car, causing them to be enclosed by sand.
It stung down her throat, made her eyes water.

But she couldn't help but feel the tingles of energy rush down her spine, lift her spirit and mind.

Phastos elevated his hand above the other, let the holographic illustration of the Domo flicker golden against the hot beams of the sun.

"Persia-"
The girl flinched at the voice, turned her head to the right.

Thena lifted her chin, but her features weren't stiff at all.
She looked down at the ground and opened her mouth to say something.
"I want to apologize for what we have done. I know what it feels like to be treated different,
but when it came down to it, I had a choice and someone who stood by me.

We had no right to take that from you, not us Eternals, not Arishem."

Her heart stood out a beat, gaze not knowing where to manifest.

It meant much to her that they acknowledged it but it wouldn't change it.
"We can save the world first, everything comes after."

Thena parted her lips to argue back, when the huge figure lifted from the ground and raised into the sky.
Debris fell, a gigantic hole forming beneath.