JUUROKU

JUUROKU —
" All you have to do is ask. "

To Derek's credit as a big bad alpha wolf, he amassed three betas— two more than Peter— within a week and a half of inheriting the spark.

Boyd wasn't one of her prime candidates for the bite, she forgot he existed most of the time considering how quiet he was (and is), but the new beta was strong and fit in nicely enough into the pack of misfits. He was also the only one with some level of basic training considering he was in ROTC.

Probably why, out of the new betas, he gained Derek's ire the least during training.

" Does anyone wanna try not being completely predictable? " The alpha huffed throwing down his first beta roughly and earning a warning rumble from Miya.

Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately) for Derek, Erica dropped down from the rafters and caught her alpha in a kiss; effectively cutting off any retaliation on Miya's part.

" That's the last time you do that, " the alpha ordered, prying his second beta off after a beat or two. The wolf, clearly offended, snarled.

" Why? Because I'm a beta? " Erica spat.

" No, " the alpha retorted but elected not to give his reasons like the sour-wolf he was. Glaring pointedly Miya's way he added— " Delete that. " The vixen scoffed.

" Fuck no, " she laughed immediately saving a copy to the cloud in case Derek (attempted) to break her phone.

" Are we done? I got about a hundred bones that need a few hours to heal, " Isaac sulked from the cold floor Derek had unceremoniously dumped him on.

" Come here... " Sourwolf gestured, offering the blue-eyed beta a hand. Before Miya could advise him against it, the alpha had snapped the new wolf's radius and ulna with one savage twisy. " A hundred and one. " Two, technically, but Miya was too incensed to correct him.

" That was unnecessary, " she hissed, eyes aglow.

" All of it is necessary! " He barked at the fox before turning his glare on his pups. " You think I'm teaching you to fight?  I'm teaching you how to survive! "

" If they wanted us dead, why aren't they coming for us now? What are they waiting for? " Isaac simmered, craddling his previously broken arm. His questions were both valid and concerning.

" I don't know, " Derek admitted. Miya found herself feeling rather... proud, that he hadn't been leaping to conclusions like he usually did. " But, they're planning something. And you especially know that's not our only problem. Whatever that thing is that killed Isaac's father, I think it killed someone else last night. Until I find out what that is, you all need to learn everything that I know... As fast as I can teach you. "