JUU

JUU —
" But there's nothing going on between me and Isaac Lahey...? "

? "

A certain blonde fox hissed as a freshman— who was a little too enthusiastic in his escape from the hell known as high school— slammed his bookbag into her side; sending hot flames of pain throughout her system.

Throwing a fake smile his way and waving off his weak apologies through gritted teeth Miya Yamato found herself cursing the name 'Peter Hale' for the hundredth time that day. Those curses were soon followed by the cursing of the name 'Derek Hale' for the hundred and first.

After all, Peter had merely clawed up her side and shattered two of her floating ribs. Derek, on the other hand, held her down as his uncle did so.

Not model ally behavior at all, Derek old boy!

It had been a bloody bitch to stitch up herself. In her stubbornness, she had struggled through three tries before she swallowed her pride and sought Dr. Deaton. Unfortunately for her, by then her floating ribs had healed (and healed awkwardly) which meant that the Druid had to re-break them, re-set them into place, and then stitch her up.

If the fact that the wound from the alpha still hadn't completely healed (on the inside anyway) wasn't bad enough, Miya was not only prescribed some healing tea by the veterinarian— which tasted like dirt and ass— but Lydia had also chewed the fox out because her once brand new and gorgeous set of acrylic nails had been broken beyond repair in the smackdown.

All in all, Miya was not a happy camper.

" Waiting for your ride? " Isaac asked, shuffling a little on his feet as he came to stand by the girl. His ears turned a ripe tomato red as she melted into his side in a bid to take pressure off of her injury. It was unfortunate that she couldn't even appreciate his squirming— she was just so annoyed.

" Mhm, " the girl in question managed a half-smile at the curly-haired boy. " Lydia, Allison, and I are hanging out today. My presence is demanded at dress shopping. " Miya rolled her eyes mockingly.

The strawberry blonde was a force of nature when it came to things that she wanted and what she wanted was normalcy. From the Video EZY, to the night at school, to her jackass boyfriend, Lydia understandably felt that her life was crumbling apart. Hence, if some degree of normalcy meant dragging Allison and Miya to Macy's the moment the bell went off then so be it.

If she hadn't grown a soft spot for the strong-willed girl, Miya would've never agreed to go. After all, dancing and dresses were the furthest things from her mind. Especially since Peter— piece of shit alpha— Hale was in the wind and the one person she could rely on to help sniff him out was actively working with him. (Go to hell, Derek!)

Besides, Lydia, who was Miya's ride until her brand new set of wheels came, threatened her with having to take the bus if she didn't come. Something Miya couldn't afford with her... condition.